Getcherself the latest issue of Sports Car Market | FerrariChat

Getcherself the latest issue of Sports Car Market

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by BigHead, Aug 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    SCM, if you haven't heard of it, is the monthly bible for car collectors and enthusiasts who fantasize about buying a 250 GTO at the Monaco auction, finding a 550 Spyder in a barn, restoring a 67 Shelby Mustang GT500, or selling a '31 Cadillac 370A Town sedan.

The current issue (September 2004) has a special section on 50 years of Ferrari in America; this issue includes:

* 189 Cars sold at auction, with results and commentary from experts
    * Profile of a 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB/C (Faster and rarer than a GTO at one-sixth the price)
    * Profile of Ex-Schumacher 2000 Ferrari F1 ($1.6m for a piece of history. But where can you use it?)
    * Affordable Classics: Ferrari 328
    * Collecting Thoughts: Care and Feeding of Your V12 Ferrari (by our own Alexander Leventhal!)
    * Sheehan Speaks: Top 10 Ferrari 12-cylinders For The Prancing Horse Virgin
    * Luigi Chinetti Jr.: My Life With Ferrari
    * Horse Meat – 2004 360 Modena Spyder, 1990 F40, 1995 456GT
    * Ferraris at Monterey - auction history
    * Complete list of all Ferraris sold for >$1mm
    * Ferraris at the Rock
    * Listing and reviews of Ferrari appearances in films
    * Repair shops
    * Recommended websites (including www.ferrarichat.com, www.ferrarilist.com, www.fca-newengland.org)
    * Neat Ferrari paraphernalia
    * Italian car price guide

Pretty cool, eh? For the recommended website section, regarding FCHAT, they actually published a comment from yours truly: "probably the most useful - it's the world's largest Ferrari-only web forum, with thousands of visitors daily. One could immerse oneself in just about anything Ferrari."

Given that Keith Martin (publisher) will be at Monterey with thousands and thousands of copies of this issue to be given away for free, methinks that this falls in the category of "sweet."

So, if you don't have a copy of this issue already, hie thee self down to B&N and getcherself one, or just subscribe! http://www.sportscarmarket.com

vty,

--Dennis

2. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    that is sweet, does it mention bikini and bonkers threads also :)

3. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    Thanks for the heads up on the issue! Gonna have to get a copy of that, no doubt.

4. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    It has been interesting to see Keith's publication grow. What started out as a home stapled Alfa mag evolved into "The Reference" for collecting. In person, he is a very approachable guy, and just as afflicted with the car bug, as we are. His association with Concorso only helped, and one day, I hope to attend one of his car guy tours in Italy. Right after I do the Corse Clienti Ferrari course, of course. And the F1 GP trip. Hmmm...looks like a state college for my kids.
    :)

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I tried to buy it at lunch, B&N didn't have it. :(

6. RotKopf

RotKopf Karting

Jul 27, 2004