Very cool news about Sodacom's (Parts) | FerrariChat

Very cool news about Sodacom's (Parts)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ricambi America, Aug 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

If anyone has dealt with one of our online sponsors, Sodacom's before, you probably know that Dave has second-to-none knowledge of Ferrari parts.

I've ordered several items from him (and the other Fchat sponsors!!) over the past year and always been very pleased. I just ordered a new carbon fiber shift knob yesterday... and guess what, Dave just IM'd me with the tracking number today!! How cool is that? I know it's not like I placed a big order or anything, but it's terrific customer service.

Now, here's the rub. Some people have said Sodacom's was sometimes slow on the email responses. Perhaps what you didn't know was that prior to Sodacom's, Dave spent 10+ years working at a major FNA dealership. He's recently decided to go "full-time" in the parts game, and now has fulltime hours available to help! With quick turnaround, decent prices, years of parts knowledge, the full-time devotion to the business should be a benefit to everyone. He's a sponsor of Fchat, so I won't repost his link. But check it out... and he's got an MSN IM address to help too.

This isn't an advertisement... but we (as a community) have no problem bashing vendors such as "likeyoudontknow". It's time we applaud the vendors we think are doing a good job.

p.s. I can't wait for the carbon fiber shift knob!

-Daniel

2. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I've bought parts from Sodacom's several times and I have always received them very quickly!

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Sounds great, Dave has been key in getting me parts at good prices. I haven't talked to him in awhile. I knew this was a goal of his.

4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Great news! Congrats on this move Dave.

Dave

5. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Awesome news!!!!! have purchased from him quite a few times and ALL went very well. Hmm... time to revisit his website as i KNOW he MUST have some new 'toy' i 'need' :)

6. Sodacom

Sodacom Rookie

Nov 20, 2003
    GREENSBORO, NC
    Full Name:
    DAVID SODERQUIST
    Yes, that is all true. I worked at an FNA dealer for over 10+ years. And it was overall a great experience there.
    However it was very difficult running Sodacom's and working at a dealer, as you could imagine the two don’t really go together.
    I was only able to devote 3-4 hours a day before, but now I am running full time. 9-5 Monday / Friday.

I'm glad the word is starting to get out about the new hours of operation, and I hope to be of better service to all of you.

Cheers to all, and if I can ever be of help don’t hesitate to call.
    David

Sodacom's Inc.
    4005 Black Gum Place
    Greensboro, NC 27405
    Phone: +1-866-826-1984
    Fax: +1-336-510-8638
    Email: [email protected]
    Web: www.sodacoms.com

7. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I concur, I bought some console pieces for the 348 and they arrived on time and at the right price.

thanks Dave.

8. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

If only Dave had a helicopter, an alternator, and a satellite phone you just might have gotten to the BBQ ! Lofty goals, but if Dave moves enough parts, who knows what the future will hold?

9. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Bought tensioner bearings at Sodacoms and will always do it again. Highly recommended. If only importing parts from the US wouldn´t be that complicated.

Not that buying from an F-Chat sponsor is any kind of guarantee: I have bought an ECU from another F-Chat sponsor. Horrible experience. They screwd up a couple of things and where not willing to accept the responsibility for their failures.

So from my perspective Sodacoms is not only a good source but it has turned out to be the BETTER source.

10. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    Totally agree!
    Also, I find his pricing most reasonable.

11. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Sodacoms is the first place I look as well - I have never had an issue and it sounds like Dave is going to step it up an notch... Dave good luck on the full time with the business...