Looking for a Testarossa. | FerrariChat

Looking for a Testarossa.

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Rerun, Aug 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rerun

Rerun Karting

Jun 16, 2004
    What are Testarossas going for lately? I've been looking for a while and have seen that many are in the mid to high $60k's. I'm in the market for a Testarossa 1987+, preferably with the lower skirts painted and a Tubi exhaust system. Must have the majors done. Does anyone know any for sale? I've looked on ebay, dupont and decided to post.

Thanks.

2. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    You forgot www.ferrariads.com
    If you don't mind going through a dealer do a search for The Car Experience.
    We have a member here that is also in the business;
    Martin at Cavallino Motors, www.4ferrari.com

Go to Yahoo and type in 'Testarossa for Sale' in search and you'll get 10 pages or so

3. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    I know where there is a perfect Yellow TR for sale with major done and new clutch.

4. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
  5. Rerun

Rerun Karting

Jun 16, 2004
    Thanks for the help.

6. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Rerun, I'm doing the same search right now, and most cars are listed with dealers, and the prices are higher than what folks have suggested a good price would be. Many dealer cars have had majors, but few are recent - most 4 years ago or so...If you find a car, but decide to pass on it for what ever reason, let me know...

Good luck!

7. Rerun

Rerun Karting

Jun 16, 2004
    I'll let you know. I also noticed many cars at dealers in the mid 70's. Which is too high for me. I'm also looking at the 348's now.

8. tommyworld

tommyworld Rookie

Jun 1, 2004
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    tommy g
    Hey Rerun, I will be selling my 90 tr after the monterey run. it has 512 wheels, tubi exhaust, all books and excellent records, and major service has already been done. it is mint! red w/tan. i drive it every weekend. looks and drives perfect. one problem... i'm in san diego. call me if your still interested @760-415-6762

9. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    PM Bruce (BWS88TR). He may still consider selling his.

10. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    I would sell mine for under $60k. I put a tubi on it this past year and performed the engine out service for the fourth time. My car is pretty clean but still driven weekly. It's a red 1986 USA model with the better seat belts and the single spline wheels and the high single mirror. I think I just turned 28,000 miles this week. I have all documents and receipts and books and tools and you name it, it's all there just as it should be. I'm taking it to Ferrari of Houston this month to repair a ding on the rear quarter panel and the front spoiler and I was thinking of painting the lower panels red while it's there. I just replaced the battery, steering rack, rebuilt the altenator and fixed the A/C switch this week.

These are fun cars. I think I would like to try a 355 next.

11. Rerun

Rerun Karting

Jun 16, 2004
    Tommy I sent you a PM.

12. wrecktech

wrecktech Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
  13. Driven1413

Driven1413 Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    South Shore, MA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I noticed in a recent Ferrari Market letter that the TRs have shown some slight appreciation in value in the past year. I know price will vary depending upon mileage, year, and condition, but as a whole have the TRs have hit the bottom of the market? Or will they continue to drop??