328 to low for trafficramps | FerrariChat

328 to low for trafficramps

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Mantinger, Aug 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mantinger

Mantinger Karting

Jul 30, 2004
    Netherlands, Drenthe
    Full Name:
    H
    In the Netherlands it is almost impossible to drive at normal speed when leaving the main roads. Trafficramps everywhere! When driving I have to reduce speed to almost zero to avoid serious damage. This is very irritating for me and traffic behind me. My 328 has standard hight and tires.
    Question:
    I'm searching for electical adjustable shockadsorbers (like Lamborghini has) or something like that. Where to find? Are there other ways to highten my car while driving?

2. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    I've never come across any mention of a way to raise/change a 3x8's ride height while in flight.

Not quite sure what 'trafficramps' are, possibly what we call 'speed bumps' here in the states. ie: raised asphalt strips about 3" high across the road?

3. Mantinger

Mantinger Karting

Jul 30, 2004
    Netherlands, Drenthe
    Full Name:
    H
    Thanks Verell. They are so-called speedbumps and raise about 20 cm. with an angle of 30 degrees. There are many variations in speedbumps. There's no standard hight.

4. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Our speed bumps on this end of the pond are 2 inches at times. :(

5. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    I learned about non-std the hard way, just finished repairing the chunk one took out of my Euro spoiler a couple of years ago...

6. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    I had a similar problem with my 328,but are you sure the car is scrapping? as on mine it was the number plate.
    Dave Mc

7. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Wasn't any doubt about the speed bump I hit, stopped & looked. It was about 1/8" higher than the front of my Euro spoiler!

A couple of months later it was replaced with one about 3/4" lower, so it was exceptionally high. I should have asked the city to pay for repairing my spoiler.