Paging KDS........... | FerrariChat

Paging KDS...........

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by darth550, Feb 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Keith,

Well, here is how it went. In line at GRU, there is a special section labeled "Americans Only". That is the line against the far wall that does NOT move. There was only one window open to service the line. The other two lines (Brazillian Citizens and International travellers) had several windows open (for each) and moved swiftly. When the flight crew from our plane (United) came through, they went into another line behind us and were taken first! After someone raised a stink, they opened another window. The whole thing took nearly 45 minutes....and I walked briskly in order to avoid being back in the line.

Other than that, Angra and Rio (Barra) were awesome. We had great meals and LOTS of drinks and fun. We had fresh fish at La Plancha and had BBQ at Oasis (MUCH better than Porcao). Barra shopping was a nice mall too! I got a foot massage and had several scotches inside NATAL while Dri was trying on watches! Service down there is MUCH different than here!!!!

As of now, I am planning on returning for the F1 at Interlagos. When are you going back? We should meet up down there and take over!!

Dave

2. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

#2 Kds, Feb 23, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Oiiii !!! Tudo bem ? Recupurado agora ?

Sounds like a plan Dave !!.....we're going back at least twice more this year.....for sure it's another 1-2 months over/around the year end and 2 weeks in June or whenever we decide......I loved your photos BTW !!

Immigration didn't sound too bad......glad it wasn't the hours we read about before........

Where is Oasis ?? We've never heard of it so Dri wants to ask her sister about it. We'll check it out next time.

And since you mentioned Interlagos I thought I'd show you the Carioca version !! Walking in Rio was always like being a part of the running of the bulls !! I miss it already...........

It's amazing how 4 painted lanes of traffic fits 5 lanes of cars down there.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Keith,

We are planning on being back down for the new year but in Sao Paulo. However, the GOOD news is that after 3 visits, Dri (the fervent Paulista) now agrees that Rio is now on the travel Agenda when we're in Brasil.:) The F1 at Interlagos is looking like a solo mission for me.

Where in Rio do you stay?

Here is the link to Oasis. http://www.churrascariaoasis.com.br/

Dave

4. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Dave.....

No problem.......we can meet you guys in Sampa for a weekend or whatever.....we'll figure it out. I can't get down there next month for the race....there's too much stuff on my plate right now. Thanks for the link to the restaurant.........

When in Rio we stay in Copacabana.........we own an apartment there that is 3 blocks or so from the beach near Posto 4......right in the middle of the neighborhood.

She'd like to move to a bigger place in Leblon or Ipanema in 3-4 years, but I'd rather get a beachfront place on Avenida Atlantica in Copa.

My sister and brother in law live in a high rise on Barra..........but I don't really like it out there compared to the rest of the city.

If you are looking for good hotel recommedations for Rio I can help you there......let me know.