87 Mondial - Can I buy a service manual? | FerrariChat

87 Mondial - Can I buy a service manual?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Crony, Aug 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Crony

Crony Rookie

Jul 14, 2004
    Canada
    Is there a big service manual I can buy somewhere?

2. samtheclip

samtheclip Karting

May 30, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam Pasceri
    Go to ebay

They are on CD or paper

3. Crony

Crony Rookie

Jul 14, 2004
    Canada
    All I have seen is an Owner Manual and Technial Guide. This is just really an Owners Manual, which I have bought. Have you seen a real manual?

4. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    The service manual is a very thick (about 400 pages), blue binder, labeled: "mondial 8", and "MONDIAL quatrovalvole" on the front of the binder. I have an original one from my previous Mondial, years ago. I am thinking of putting it on E-bay.

5. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Crony -- I'd suggest you check:

www.ferraribooks.com

for suggestions about what might be available for your Mondial 3.2.

I'll be a little surprised if there's a specific completely integrated Mondial 3.2 WSM, but I have no information there isn't. You might have to piece things together somewhat to really have a useable set of information -- I had to on my TR even though there is a specific TR WSM. E.g.:

3.2 engine from the 328 WSM (I believe they tend to issue this stuff only for the first model using that engine type)
    wiring diagram
    ignition stuff
    injection stuff
    and it wouldn't suprise me if that 8/QV WSM was the last effort at a Mondial coachwork/chassis WSM

(and I'd get an SPC too)

6. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    The part number, of my book, is labeled: 995990822. The motor section covers the 2-valve engine F 106 B, and the 4-valve engine F 105 A.

Section N includes the Emmision Control System..........I would think this would be for the US version?????????? The other sections, A-M cover the rest of the car in its completion. This manual is VERY thorough.