Hit the road Alexander !!! One man, one Ferrari, 6 gears ! | FerrariChat

Hit the road Alexander !!! One man, one Ferrari, 6 gears !

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Yquem, Aug 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yquem

Yquem Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    BELGIO
    Full Name:
    JR
    Gentlemen,

I am honoured to start this new thread for our passionate fellow Tifosi Alex355GT ! I had the pleasure to discover "Magnifique Brussels" on a little bit different way last night !

Meeting place at 08.00 pm was King Albert's Palace downtown Brussels.
    The guy you'll see with a huge smile on his face is Alexander. The other one, also with a huge grin is senior Bertus, enthousiastic as always !

Gentlemen, we all know Brussels is a one kind of a city but it's tunnels are even better....... A story......

Cordiali saluti,
    Joren REMANS

2. Yquem

Yquem Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    BELGIO
    Full Name:
    JR
    We had to help ourselves with a rented digi-cam so it's no top-quality but it must give you guys an impression of what was going on.....
    Better pictures will follow later after they are scanned in !

3. Yquem

Yquem Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    BELGIO
    Full Name:
    JR
  4. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Wonderful!!!
    Thanks for the starter Joren. I wish we could hear the 355 Spider rooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaring thru the tunnel:)

5. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    The moving pics aren't that bad at all, yesterday i had my doubts about this.

There are more pics to follow but they are not digital, so a little patience is needed ;)

@ Alx

Thanks again !! It really made my day :D

6. Yquem

Yquem Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    BELGIO
    Full Name:
    JR
    Last pic for today !

We all had the hell of a time last night.... Seeing a 355 Spider backed up by a SLK downtown Brussels is just thrilling !!!!!

The Spider has something changed at his exhaust system which gives an etravaganza vibration in the tunnels, what a sound !!!!! Unbelievable, just poetry in motion guided by 2 quartets of automotive orchestra.....

Thanks a lot Alexander for joining us last night! You're the man!!!!

7. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    Tnx for the great pics!!! Wow....was almost if I was there! :D You can just feel all the fun from those pics!!! Very cool!!! :cool:

8. Wesley

Wesley Karting

Feb 5, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Wesley Ruijterman
    Thanks for sharing!! Those moving pics are not the bad....You can see more the speed of this beautiful Ferrari!! And wolfgang is right, I also wish I could hore that lovely noise of a ferrari v8 in a tunnel

ciao
    Wesley

9. rpmtifosi

rpmtifosi Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Guy
    Hi guys!!!

Like most of you allready read probably somewhere else, i also had the pleasure of having a ride in 'THE SPIDER'!! :)
    It was on saturdaynight in Antwerp!!
    We drove through some tunnels (waaslandtunnel of de konijnepijp ;) ) so, i heared the sound of the V8 pretty good!!! Just awesome!! Made some small videoclips with my digicam, the viewing is a little dark but the sound is pretty good! Alltough nothing beats the real thing ofcourse!! :D
    Just wanted to say a BIG thank you to Alex again!! I really thought it was cool of you to take me and my girlfriend for a nice long ;) ride in the 355 Spider!! I won't forget this!! ;)
    Have to go now (the busy life started again as you know :rolleyes: )

CIAO...

Guy

10. kinnie

kinnie Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2003
    Belgium - Aarschot
    Full Name:
    Kinnie Van Gelder
    TOOOO Cool guy's, Looks like biGGG fun to ride that beautifull car. And yes I alsoo can imagine the motor in the tunnels, must be wonderfull.

Thanks guy's,
    Kinnie,
    www.ferrariparts.tk

11. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Great pics! Big smiles!!

But what is the story? Who's 355 is gently roaring in the tunnels?

:)

Ton

12. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    great pics! What an awesome background for a 355!

Nothing like a 355 at redline underground....symphony....loud symphony!

13. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    ...please keep on with the story and ALL the pics;)

14. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Was it a rental?

Ton

15. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Ton,
    Rent-A-Car
    Alexander rented the 355 Spider from Friday-Tuesday and had some great fun with perfect weather.

16. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Well, it's all over again... my life's back to normal a bit... without a Ferrari in the garage :( But wow, what a rush it was again!!! :D What a great, amazing and just fantastic time we had again!!!

Well, the end was a bit sad actually :( about 120miutes before we had to bring the car back we had some problems with the clutch, the Spider had to be towed away and we got a spare car... a yellow Lotus Elise for the remaining time. Nice car too, but not really a Ferrari! Well, I never drove a Lotus before and now I did... and I'm sure it will be a great car on the track, but I'ld prefer a Ferrari any time!

Of course those days went by to quick as usual and damn'... I just LOVE Ferrari's, especially the F355!!! I definately want to be a Ferrari owner in the future, the feeling is getting stronger and stronger every minute!!! Hey, maybe the next Ferrari I drive will be mine! Probably a 328 GTS, who knows? :) I'll surely keep everyone updated! :D The passion is veeeeeery strong!!!

@Joren, thanks for starting this thread already! I love the pics they're great! I can still hear the sound of the engine buzzing in my ears when I see these pics or when I close my eyes :) It was my pleasure to take you, Bert and Guy with his girlfriend for a ride through respectively Brussels and Antwerp... It was great to share this wonderful car with you guys! Hopefully I didn't get a ticket somewhere ;)

Also a big thank you to my friend who helped me with renting this Ferrari for the 6th time already, he's a great guy! And thanks to the guys from the rental service too for supplying the Spider again! (www.ferrarirent.com and www.gpsracing.be ;):))

Of course I had a lot of wonderful experiences during the time we had the rental Spider again...! I think I made about 100 non digital pics the last few days... they aren't developed yet... but when they are I will try to scan and resize a nice selection of them as soon as possible! I'm affraid it would be a bit difficult to post them all 'cause I don't have a scanner and will have to scan them at work when I've got the time :(

Of course accompanied by a write up of the whole experience starting at saturday and ending yesterdayevening.
    Please be patient! ;):) Give me a week or so... I still need to recover from the experience... I'm very tired because of the lack of sleep, my head bonks like crazy and I miss the car very much so I'm a bit depressed and need to recover a bit... :D As you probably can understand I was more in the Ferrari than in my bed the last few days... woke up at 5.30 and went to sleep around 2am mostly... but when I was in the car, I wasn't tired at all! Untill yesterday evening after the F355 was gone! Then I felt instantly very tired and a bit sick!
    I didn't eat that much, I didn't sleep that much and the Spider's top was open the whole time so the sun on my head all the time! :D The weather was GREAT!!!

Thanks for the wonderful comments on Joren's pics already. More info, stories and pics will follow! :D:D:D

Greets, a very tired but very satisfied Alexander

17. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Hi Guys, :)
    Nice thread, :) Thanks for sharing this wonderful experience and the nice pics with us who cannot even rent a Ferrari!!! I'm happy to hear that you had great weather and several hours of unforgetable Fcar-driving, and plenty of good memories to think back to!!! :)
    Sad though that you had problems with the clutch at the end, but a Lotus Elise is also a very nice gokart ;) :)
    Thanks again for sharing your experiences!!! :)

Best regards

Carsten

18. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Alexander,
    I see the tears in your eyes:(
    The day - your day will come!!!!!!!!!

thanks for sharing your wonderful experience together with us.

19. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Alex,

Great story! Beautiful pics! Real passion!

Be patient! Your car is somewhere waiting for you!

Ton

20. Yquem

Yquem Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    BELGIO
    Full Name:
    JR
  21. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Thanks for the nice comments guys :)
    I often think about my future F-car that is already out there somewhere... maybe I even already saw it on the road or at a meeting? :D

22. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Ok, some of the pics are ready and I found some time to scan and resize them... So here's the first part of the story...

Saturdayevening 31th of July...
    6pm...
    The weather is great! Hot and very sunny. Just perfect to go pick up an F355 Spider :D And tonight is the night! Only 120 minutes and I'll see the car of my dreams again! Even better, I will drive it again. It's been too long without being in a Ferrari, 12months now... but the next three days will be great! No doubt about that. So I rush to the busstop that will take me to the station, from there I will catch a ride to the place where the F355 is located. I hate public transport but to pick up a Ferrari I would go through a lot :D

8pm sharp...
    We arrive at the garage... Yes! I already see it, the Spider is in front of the shop, top closed, but red and shiny and ready to go :D After some talking and inspecting the car we get the key... it's still very hot so the top needs to be opened, no problem, in a few minutes the Spider is at it's best! I walk around it one more time and then... it's time to start the engine... The V8 comes to life! Wow, what a sound! :D
    My friend gets the honor to drive the first km's this evening, no problem with that, my time will come ;) And it's also great to drive behind this perfect machine, enjoying the sight and sound. In the late sunset we head for the city of Antwerp! Waaslandtunnel, here we come!

23. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    After a short drive behind the Spider we arrive at the narrow tunnel (1 lane in each direction) for the first time, but definately not the last!
    Time to jump in the Ferrari, my turn to go for a little drive and get a bit familiar with the car again! :D I walk around it one more time... then gently slide behind the steering wheel... THIS FEELS GOOD!!! Ok, 1st gear, nice and easy... click... 2nd... VROOOO... click... 3rd... WOOOOOW... damn' I missed this! The tunnel is about 2km long but way too short! The sound is amazing, so let's do it again! :D

24. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    30 minutes after midnight I call Guy as I promised to take him and his girlfriend for a ride... I'll drive to our meeting point at Antwerpen LO at the other side of the tunnel again... This time I'm all alone... just the tunnel, me and... the F355...

About five minutes later I spot Guy's nice black Honda S2000, with the top open of course! We admire the car for a moment... and it's time to go for a little ride again! The car has been silent too long again! But... two seats... three persons... mmm... why not try go all three of us at once so no one has to be left behind? :D They're not THAT big so... it worked! We enjoyed a ride in the center of Antwerpen, then... to the Waaslandtunnel... yes... again! :rolleyes: Can't help it, the sound is great! Luckily Guy made a video of it, so we all can enjoy the sound of it again later on... :D Sadly, no pics of this, I completely forgot about that at this point... but don't worry... some nice pics on the way...
    After a short trip on the highway... time to say goodbye... Tomorow is another day... I'm taking the car to my home and put it safely in my garage... Then just to have another look at it! But... at the end... I stay in the garage for another hour or so... admiring the thing, touching it, smell the nice scent of a heated Ferrari ;):) At 2AM I lock the garage... goodnight F355... CU tomorowmorning in a few hours!

25. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Sundaymorning 1st of August...
    6am...
    Only 4hours have past since I locked the garage... did I dream it? I rush out of bed, through the bathroom and on to the garage! Open it! Damn'! There really is a Ferrari in my garage! :D Same procedure as yesterday... I look at the car for a looong time... then it's time to go for a ride to the gasstation... a few early customers are amazed by the wonderful car too! :D I'm enjoying it and start filling... 69,06 liter of Eurosuper for 76,31 euro's... I don't even think about it! It's totally worth it!
    After a little morning drive with the top open, the sun coming out and the wind going through my hair... it's time to go home again... my brother, his partner and the kids are coming over for a visit at 10am... Of course I'll take them all for a ride! :D It's great!
    In the pics... the F355 in my garage... and the F355 beside my regular Fiat Bravo in front of the house...