No more CS production after 2004 | FerrariChat

No more CS production after 2004

Discussion in '360/430' started by yimn, Aug 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yimn

yimn Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Nick Yim
    I was told Ferrari has decided to cut the production run on CS short and convert the production line for the F430 starting 2005. Total number of CS worldwide will be soemthing less than 1100. What do you think that will do to the value of the CS??

2. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I think it will make current CS even more valuable. If I owned a CS I would be excited to hear that.

3. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    That is no big deal in my opinion.1100 is still substantial.

4. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    I think that's worldwide and not US alone.

5. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    Similar to the number of F40s, which are certainly considered a rare "special" edition. I expect the average CS to hold most of its value, much more so than Modenas and Spiders.

6. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    1,100 would definitely be worldwide production. remember, the initial estimates were 900. so if they actually produce 1,100 they've upped the initial rumor-numbers (not sure they were ever official) by 22%.

it'll depreciate - just like they all eventually do.

doody.

7. ecadwell

ecadwell Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Bend, OR
    Full Name:
    Eric Cadwell
    My guess is that it will get hit with depreciation like all cars, but it will hold its value better than the 360M or spider. Simple economics tells us that this is the case. Given the same market conditions (i.e. same demand for the cars), and supply is reduced to less than expected values, then the price will remain higher.

8. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

It's hard to say but if the F430 is a hit then It'll get whacked a little more. Only time will tell.

9. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I'm not sure that some of you get the joke. You act like the new car is going to be an option to the Stradale. Well, unless you are an OFOTD (Old Friend of the Dealer), you ain't gonna be able to buy a F430 for sticker for at least two or so years.

Dr "I ain't an old friend of the dealer" Tax

10. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Dale,

you hit it right on the head. if everyone remembers the prices of the F355's did not bottom out until couple of years into the 360 production. i am certain that the F430 will also demand a very high premium the first year or so thus keeping the prices of the 360CS at around sticker or bit higher.