photos of new stradale | Page 2 | FerrariChat

photos of new stradale

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by stradman, Jul 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Boxer 512

Boxer 512 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 5, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Seb King
    If you re-watch the 360 CS road test that 5th Gear did, (www.sleepy-fish.com), for anyone who missed it, VBH actually states that the stripe is a "£3000 Hand Painted Optional Extra" ??? What Gives ?

Seb

2. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Thing is, I've yet to meet anyone, regardless of how much disposable income, relish the thought that they've been had. It's not a cost issue as such, since it looks terrific and I can't see the point in getting aerated if the end result is there. No, what irritates me is that I was assured it was painted on, and it's not.

3. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade 456mgt,

I agree completely. I too have read in various magazine articles that the stripe is painted on. Surely, this comes under the 'Trade Description Act?'

4. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    I suppose the flip side to this is that it should, ...I mean should, be cheaper and more accurate to respray the bonnet if all you need to do is put a sticker then a clear lacquer over this. Imagine if you needed the expertise to get someone to paint an exact stripe again, and match with the other segments of the car, i.e. the roof or frontal panel. It should now be more straightforward(Hopefully!)
    Alex

5. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    there will be a part no for the strpe which you should get in a roll with enough to do the whole car or will they sell it in bits ie bonnet roof engine cover ect so they can charge more would be intersting to know how much it is to buy from ferrari as a good stripe man would sell it for about £50

6. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Steve M8,

As 360 door seal rubbers cost £600 each you may be assurred that the Stradale stripe will be commensurate - as I mentioned in a previous 'Post' Ferrari's are terribly over-priced and the parts are extortionately so.

The bloomin' stripe on this gentleman's wonderful motor car is getting more attention than the fantastic motor car to which it is appended.

The car is incredible and the 'Stripe' is wonderfu - as I mentioned previously, the stripe serves to differentiate it from the 360 Modena, which is the 'Cut Price' version of the Stradale!

7. RAY430RED

RAY430RED Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Marlborough Wilts
    Full Name:
    Ray F
    How can you say the 360m is the "cut price "version when its been around years longer than the Stradale on that basis you could call the Stradale the "overpriced version" Anyway i aint got time to argue Tea Arse some of us got to go to work .Maybe see you at Glens Emporiom lunchtime ish

RAY360M

8. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Ray 360M M8,

It's all to do with the 'Stripe' M8!

This has decided me to acquire one. I shall have a solid stripe going down the middle of the car and the rest of it I shall have done in stripes!

Will see you at Glen's Emporium subject to the air conditioning engineers fixing the swimming pool complex - they are coming down again today.

9. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    GO on ray you tell him yours might be a cut price version but at least you have red mirrors on your car

10. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Steve M8,

I friend of Ray's and mine, recently collected a black 360 Stradale from the factory - it is black. Perhaps he made the decision to have it in this colour so as to match the mirrors!

I have just realised that Stradale is an angram of 'Ale Darts' presumably this is a car to take to the pub then?

11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Graham,
    would this be Mr Sugget? I bought his old 355 Spider :)

12. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Toeknee M8,

It is indeed. He acquired a red Stradale, kept it for three weeks and five hundred miles then sold it to Meridien prior to collecting the black from the factory. Someone else bought it from Meridien who had already ordered a new Stradale - he also kept it for a mere few weeks and yet another five hundred miles. When his new Stradale arrived he part exchanged it for the 'New one' - it may still be at Glenn's Red Car Emporium - I am to meet Ray 360M there at lunch time. So, if the two owner Stradale with 1000 miles is still there I shall advise you - the way it's going it will soon have had more owners than mileage!

13. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    I was told Mr Sugget has an enviable collection of Ferrari's ....Between you,Ray And Mr S you must keep Meridien ticking over nicely :)

14. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Toeknee M8,

Not me guv - can't afford it.

However, the ex Ray 360 M . . . . '512TR' which Glenn has in the 'Red Car Emporium' is absolutely magnificent. If it were yellow it would be here with me and I would completely forgo the idea of acquiring a yellow F512M. I would also be able to duff up Glenn on the price as few others would want a yellow one! I have thought about painting it - but somehow it doesn't seem the correct thing to be doing. And if I did that, a yellow 'M' would appear the very next day!

You are correct, Bob does have a magnificent collection of Ferrari's, plus god knows what else! I however, have the most magnificent collection of plants - thousands and thousands of 'em. Plus holly hedegerows which I nurture with well rotted farmyard manure. I also possess Hampshire's best collection of Japanese Acers. Bob Suggett thinks I'm barmy and Ray 360M has his doubts! And don't you dare comment! Nor anyone else!

15. Boxer 512

Boxer 512 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 5, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Seb King

Never say 'Dare' to a medic.....You Mad Hatter....

I operate for a living...

Seb

16. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Boxer 512 M8,

I have three friends within your profession. One is an Emergency Control Physician, as indeed I understand you to be - he thinks I'm eccentric. Another friend, a general surgeon, thinks I am completely mad. The other, a psychiatrist believes me to be perfectly normal - for a Ferrari owner!

All medics are bonkers - Ferrari owning one's more particularly so! And the ECP one who owns a Ferrari is the worst of the lot - his only saving grace is that he owns a 512TR. However, you will be delighted to learn that he takes the engine out himself and does the cam belt changes and valve adjustments etc. Furthermore there is nothing which he won't attempt - and even possesses his own lift!

17. frostie

frostie Rookie

Nov 8, 2002
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Frost
    That's outrageous. I have always been under the impression that is was hand painted also and was even told this by the factory when I went on a tour last year. If I was in your position Kev, my dealer would be getting the biggest ear bending of their lives. I'm sure the dealers are even telling potential customers its hand painted. I can see Ferrari getting into some very hot waters over this, once all the owners realise they've spent £3500 for a sticker applied at slightly earlier stage than a sign-writer would

Frostie

18. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    he is just a retired old gent he probeblay has an allotment

19. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade Steve M8,

I noticed your post was '1001' - there used to be a carpet cleaning product of that name. You certainly cleaned up M8!