Are these Ferrari parts? | FerrariChat

Are these Ferrari parts?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by WCH, Aug 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    I have received, either by accident or perhaps as part of a fraud, the parts shown in this and the next posts. Two of the parts are marked as belonging to a "Ferrari 500 TR." Does anyone know if these are in fact Ferrari parts? Do these bits belong to someone here?

I was supposed to receive parts for my non-Ferrari race car, and got these instead. Perhaps I should just wait to see whether the rest of a 500TR arrives??

Cheers, Will

I have two of these, one "front" and one "rear":

2. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Tag on part above:

3. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    If no one claims this, it goes on my Stradale:

4. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    my favorite:

5. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
  6. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Well, judging from the words on the tag on your second picture, you may have mistakenly received parts from the Bonham's auction a couple of months ago of the "Lees collection."
    The radiator looks almost identical to that of a S.II 500 Mondial, so it could be from a 500 TR. The package in the last shot shows an oil seal, probably for the front of the transaxle, poking out of the corner of the package. Although 500 Mondials did not have rear sway bars, 500 TRs might have - this sway bar looks a lot like the front sway bar on a S.II Mondial.

There were a lot of parts in the Lees auction from 500s, TR and Mondial.

7. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Bryan, thanks for the information. Another tag on one of the items more clearly says "AJ Lees," so these parts must have some association with that auction or collection. How these parts fell into the hands of the folks who shipped them to me is an interesting question. Here is the lotlist for the AJ Lees collection auction, I didn't find these parts in a quick glance, but I'll take a closer look.

http://www.classicdriver.com/uk/magazine/3500.asp?id=12006

Thanks again, the usual FChat answer in record time.

8. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    I have a home for the radiator

if it is for sale??

tom shaughnessy