Ferrarichat race team? | FerrariChat

Ferrarichat race team?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by geronimo, Aug 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. geronimo

geronimo Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    hey rob i have not kept up with ferrari chat for a while how's the f-chat race car/team going?

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Hey Geronimo. Good to hear from you. Things are going great. Your company name is on the car! Car will be at MSR this weekend as part of the BMW DE. I'm instructing, but will also drive the car a little.

Monday it goes into Norwoods for a quick check before Monterey. Jonathan picks the car up Tuesday and I'll see it next at Laguna Seca for 3 days on the track.

I have a membership to MSR now, so I want to get all the local sponsors together a few times this Fall for some fun.

The photographer for the "framed pics" I've promised will be there this weekend, so I hope to have that to you and other sponsors in September.

3. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
    rob are you there saturday.i wood like to come out there .i forgot how to get there.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    www.motorsportranch.com

Not sure if I will be able to give you a ride, but we might try. Might bring a motorcycle helmet if you have one.

Randy Aust and Maranelloman will be there too.

5. geronimo

geronimo Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    sounds great!

a few years ago my ex g. and i were invited to that we drove around some cones around the track parking lot. she got 2nd me 1st in our group. the trophy was a minature safety cone. i believe it was bmw drive for the cure.
    glad everything's good.
    geronimo

6. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
    thank you for the info rob.i dont have a helmet, but i will be there.

7. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    What days will you be at the track in Monterey? I wouldnt mind having a look at the car!

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Monday for the school. Wednesday and Thursday for regular track day.

I saw something somewhere where you can only take instructors for rides. Is this true!?!

9. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent

I used to teach surveying does that count? ;) It would be cool to get a ride in the F-chat machina! Even more so piloted by the man himself.

10. bmiller411

bmiller411 Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bruce B Miller
    #10 bmiller411, Aug 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Jano and family came out. David Scott, Raj, and Randy Aust were some of the Ferrari crowd also instructing.

I had a good time, first I've formally instructed. I enjoyed giving advice and watching the students improve. Also neat to watch their excitement playing on the track, in my old age driving myself around isn't quite the same thrill. Also had a chance to drive my students 2001 M5 with several mods and a new 330.

Had several others come up to view the car and mention they were users or lurkers on FC.

Ran 3 good sessions in the Challenge yesterday. First solo, second with one student, and third with the other student. Today just ran one session with Randy Aust so he could give me advice. That was a great experience and he's the best at fine tuning. I'm pretty good at this track as I just broke the SRX7 lap record by 8 tenths, but Randy was still able to fine tune several things.

The photographer also got shots of the car and sponsor graphics, so will be working on those the next several weeks.

Challenge car is running perfect, but Norwoods will tune tomorrow and it leaves for Cali on Tuesday!

12. Zupra

Zupra F1 Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    St Louis
    Full Name:
    Chesney
    whats the ferrarichat race team?