New F1 Teams | FerrariChat

New F1 Teams

Discussion in 'F1' started by s_eric09, Aug 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. s_eric09

s_eric09 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    George
    I been looking for news about new teams coming into F1, since they are supposedly making it more affordable. Does anybody know of any new teams coming into F1.

Saturn might run with a Kia engine.... lol

thx for any feedback,

george

2. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    The only talk of a new team that might join F1 in the future is of team ARDEN Motorsport. They currently compete in F3000. However, they wil not be able to join F1 unless the rules are slightly modified. They will have to buy a chassis from another team and for an engine partnership with a manufacturer. They will also have to pay a huge amount of enterance fee to Bernie to join F1.

Also the Royal Family from Dubai is looking onto buying Eddie Jordan's Jordan F1 team. The Sheik and Crowned Prince would then relocate the team to Dubai. It will not neccessarily be a new team but it will have different ownership.

3. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Until the Concord Accords expire, getting a new team into F1 resembles a Hollyweird production throne room scene, where the supplicants approach Pharoh (Bernie) on their knees, bearing baskets of gold. ;)

4. millerphatty

millerphatty Karting
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Davenport, IA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Miller
    Toyota Ford Honda and Mercedes are here but what the other giants? Volkswagon is huge and Audi Dominates the LM series. But what I am really waiting for is Porsche. Word has it that they have looked into returning to F1 and with the boom in sales last year they are only making more money. I am a huge Ferrari fan and I have been following Schumi since 1994, but if porsche comes aboard I may have a second favorite team. Sorry Renault but you should have stayed Benetton to keep me onboard!!