Problem with Kevin Johnson at FoSF... | FerrariChat

Problem with Kevin Johnson at FoSF...

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by 4i2fly, Aug 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    Is it just me or others feel the guy lacks certain customer service skills required dealing with customers as a service manager? Believe it or not I get more service at Anderson Chevrolet when I take my Suburban in for service than I do at FoSF. They have screwed up my car and kept it there for weeks, over charged me and performed the same service twice in some cases to make it right. They have performed virtually all scheduled and warranty services on my car from day one. The guy continuously puts me on the defensive. I have tried so many different ways to get on his good side and I have failed miserably. I've been in sales and marketing and I know a few things about dealing with people and to me this guy is clueless. I am wondering if I make him be like that or there are others who share the same feeling. I am about to write a complaint letter to his management and want to get some inputs. Your inputs are greatly appreciated.

2. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    PM'ed you.

3. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Matt-

A 2 words:

FNA listens.

We can talk tonight as well.

4. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    I spoke with FNA this morning and talked with their National Operations Manager. Although I have had a bad taste with Kevin all along since he took the job last year I discussed my specific issue with the current TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) for 360Modenas to replace Variators and timing belt tensioner and FNA agreed that Kevin needs to be educated about the campaign and he would call him directly. It seems everyone else who has viewed this thread has no comment about his attitude and his customer service practices. It would have been good to see either way some comments regarding personal experiences. I am drafting a letter to Giullio Zauner (GM at FoSF) and making a formal complaint.

5. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Hi Matt -

I've been dealing with Kevin this week for the first time, and I must say I am satisfied so far. My car threw a CEL a few weeks ago, and on Tue it started intermittent misfiring. I called Kevin and he had me call roadside and they flatbedded the Modena up to FoSF on Wednesday. I just talked to Kevin and after quite a bit of trial and error (since the fault was intermittent) they found a bad timing sensor. He'll finish up on Monday and have it trucked back to me, all under warranty. If this is indeed the end of the problem (intermittent CEL-type problems are notoriously hard to solve) I'll be very happy. Kevin was helpful and attentive at all times, so I have to say "so far, so good".

Gary

6. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    Gary, glad to hear you had a good experience with him. That's his job and should provide outmost customer service no matter what the circumstance. My situation escalated yesterday but had been building up for a while.

Matt

7. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    Data like this is why I would never buy a Ferrari from FoSF. Dealers that have such wide geographic exclusivity could be tempted to get petty and arrogant, knowing customers have no choice.

I got my Dino off the net, and when I go for my 550 or 575, I will buy used again direct from the owner, probably introduced via the net. I certainly don't need FoSF for repairs, since I have plenty of local competent craftsmen.

8. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Tony,

I understand your sentiment. Problem is when you want to buy the new hotness, you need to be on the list. And Brad is a very nice and good guy.

Kevin seems to be trying to do the right thing all around. I took my car up to him and he is doing his best. I liked Brett a lot, and he took care of me, but so long as Guiseppe is there I'm sure things will be ok. So far, my experiences with Kevin have been positive and pleasant.

Matt, I don't know him personally, but I'll be surprised if your letter to GM has any effect.

--Dan

9. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    Very true, but hopefully I won't succumb to the wants for anything fresh. I don't mind spending big $'s for the right vehicle, if I get big service and relationship cookies. But if arrogance is part of the package, forget it.

I would go meet them and form my own opinion. The couple of times I have met people in Ferrari LG and the place in Newport Beach on PCH (forget the name), I detected attitude.

10. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    The problem is not arrogance; I have a pretty good relationship with the guys at the dealer. I think Kevin Johnson knows little about his job and easily get infuriated when dealing with someone knowledgeable. I also have spoken with Bruce a couple of times and dealt with Brett and Matt previously, I always have had a pleasant conversation even when some problems existed around the car or service. It's just that every time I talk with Kevin he easily gets defensive and agitated and makes me very uncomfortable. It seems he is in a pissing contest and wants to prove a point. And, It seems to me FoSF want someone there who can handle the front office. Who can listen and be able to put himself in customer's shoes and be the bridge to guys in the back. He is not any of those... I am at a point where I have tried to working with him and realized wasted efforts. I am trying to use the proper channels.

The letter went out today, I don't expect a response until after the Monterey stuff, but I do expect a response.