Ferrari Laptop | FerrariChat

Ferrari Laptop

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by D-348, Aug 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. D-348

D-348 Karting

May 6, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Cochran
    OK, I know many people think these are total cheese, but I looked and the specs for the new Acer Ferrari 3200 laptop computer, and it actually looks like a pretty good blend of features.
    - Fast (approximately 2.8 GHz, but is AMD based)
    - Big HD (80 GB drive)
    - DVD burner standard
    - Full wireless AND bluetooth
    - LIGHT (I think around 6.5 lbs)
    - Nice monitor (15 inch)
    - Special Ferrari desktop themes and sounds preloaded :)

I was just wondering if anyone out there had one, and what they thought of it. I need a new laptop and am considering buying one of these, as it seems like a good combination of power and portability (I don't like 9+ lb laptops).

Any advice?

2. trasus

trasus Rookie

Feb 9, 2004
    Phoenix, Az.
    This is the heaviest 15" screen notebook on the market now. A notebook with a 15" screen should weigh less than 5lbs. A light notebook will weigh-in under 3 lbs.

Thanks

3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I'd like to see a photo & see how $$$ their selling for, most likely will wind up the the Ferrari Fila shoes.

4. jpoznermd

jpoznermd Rookie

Jun 20, 2004
    boca raton, florida
    Full Name:
    jason pozner
    bought 3000 model a few months ago when my sony grx died. love it. decent buy for money. upgraded ram. somewhat heavy but i did not buy it for travel (i use a very small sony for that). now 3200 available with faster processor.

5. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    #5 ghost, Aug 7, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. cwwhk

cwwhk Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Hong Kong, Tokyo
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    Model 3200 has a much better paint finish than the old 3000. Glass like smoothness and shine. The DVD burner also is improved with slide in slot like that of car stereos instead of a flimsy tray that pops out. Both 3000 and 3200 runs fairly hot temperature wise.

When model 3000 first came out I got one as a gift from a business associate. When it came time to buy another laptop for my business travel use I looked around and found the model 3200 was actually a pretty good buy price wise given all its features. Not the best value, but good value. So if you don't want just the plain old generic looking laptop, I would hightly recommend the 3200.

7. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Looks nice, but Id rather get just the case and build my own. Sounds difficult, but Ive got some free time to learn.

Do they come in Nero or Canna?