Trickle charger/ conditioner | FerrariChat

Trickle charger/ conditioner

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by CharlieUK, Aug 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CharlieUK

CharlieUK Karting

Jun 30, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    Folks, Does anyone know what is a quality trickle charger/ conditioner for a 355 to plug in when car not being used for several wks at a time?
    Where can I buy from?
    Prices?

Thx.

2. GavC

GavC Formula Junior

May 9, 2004
    Lincolnshire, Englan
    Full Name:
    Gavin Culshaw
    I use a Opti-mate which I got(free) with my car cocoon. However I would say that the Battery tender one is better. I have seen the tech stuff on both. We sell Battery Tenders in our shops. Cost approx £45-50. You can get them from most Automotive retailers

3. Boxer 512

Boxer 512 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 5, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Seb King
    Charlie,

I use Oxford Oxi-Miser(s) on both my cars and my bike, and they work perfectly. You can bolt on to the terminals semi-permanently or use the crocodile clips, (both are supplied with the unit).

Cheers,

Seb

4. CharlieUK

CharlieUK Karting

Jun 30, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    Thanks guys for all the help. So its off to Halfords and Radio Shack. Unless anyone knows of somewhere better to buy in S-E UK?

5. mac355gts

mac355gts Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    London/Kent U.K
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I got a Porsche one from Kent High Performance, keeps the 355 in fine fettle, and it just plugs in to the cigarette lighter.
    Think they are about £50 now.

6. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
  7. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Dear Comrade CharlieUK M8,

The Porsche one is the thing to go for. It plugs straight into the cigarette lighter. It also has a very long lead. Mine has been working continuously for more than six years. Also the crocodile lead models are much less convenient.

8. RF128706

RF128706 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    fwiw I've got a Draper Battery Saver bought from Halfords for £20. I cut the croc clips off and soldered a cigarette lighter plug on (also bought from Halfords for £1.50). Red wire to the centre pin, black to the outer contact. I plug this straight into the power socket in the ash tray and trail the wire through the passenger window lowered by a few mm.

I'm the first to admit that Halfords is not the best source of Ferrari accessories :D , but I have to admit that the Draper batt saver is excellent. It's tiny and keeps the battery in top form. I'm going to get another one for my bike for the winter.

Rob.

9. Dem

Dem Formula 3

Mar 21, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Dem

I'm can back up what Rob says. I bought the same Draper charger from Halfords and it kept my 300ZX battery sweet. Next job (as Rob has done), is to bend those croc clips into a cigarette lighter shape for the 355.......