Atlanta Italian Car Day: | FerrariChat

Atlanta Italian Car Day:

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Gatorrari, Aug 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The annual Atlanta Italian Car Day is coming up on Saturday, October 2, and the new location is closer to the Carolinas: Kurt's Restaurant in Duluth. We had an outstanding Exotic & Sports Car show there in May, and it's a good location.

More information is available on this thread: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=134341400#post134341400 and pre-registration is now available on the PanteraPlace website. I invite all Italian car (and motorcycle!) owners in the Carolinas to consider attending.

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Only 25 cars pre-registered so far. Hop to it, people!

And remember, they don't have to be exotics. Fiats, Alfas, Lancias--if they're Italian, there'll be a place for them.

And Italian motorcycles are welcome, too. Benellis, Moto Guzzis, Laverdas, Ducatis, even scooters like Vespas and Lambrettas--all are welcome.

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Now that the Petit Le Mans is over, this is the next big event on the greater Atlanta Ferrari calendar.

Since the location has been moved this year, it is more convenient to you Carolinians. While the Kurt's Restaurant website has directions, here is a more convenient way to get there, which even I use coming up from Atlanta:

On I-85 south, take Exit 109 to Sugarloaf Parkway. Turn right and stay on Sugarloaf until it ends at Peachtree Industrial Boulevard. Turn left and continue on Peachtree Industrial for about 2-3/4 miles. After crossing GA-120, the next right turn will be River Green Pkwy. Turn in and watch for the sign to Kurt's.

From I-20, take whatever route you prefer to get to Athens. Take the Athens bypass west to GA-316 and follow that towards Atlanta. It will eventually turn into a freeway. Take the Sugarloaf exit, turn right and follow the instructions above.