Angeles Crest Photos | FerrariChat

Angeles Crest Photos

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by XJ220S, Aug 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. XJ220S

XJ220S Karting

Feb 2, 2004
    Hi guys,

This was a woderful gathering. We have over an hour of video footage including the infamous and exciting drive bys! I will have DVDs ready for everyone. The footage has already been handed in for editing. The selection of cars were exciting. 2 360 Coupes and a 308, Murcielago, Porche GT2, a few Turbos and a Turbo S, 2 Lotus Esprit twin turbos, a few C4S', M3, Viper GTS, and others.

Here are some pictures.

2. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Great pics! Nice seeing everyone today, and thanks Jeffrey for the ride in the 360. I can post some photos later tonight, or tomorrow, if you guys want some (I know everyone does :)) Also, keep checking www.ferrarirosso.com because I'm going to start uploading most of the clips my dad and I shot after I'm done with this post. I got quite a few, even Jeffrey going through the tunnel!

3. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Thanks to Emil and his friends again for allowing a few of us from Orange County to join you! Matt, Vahe ... good to see you guys again! It was tremendously fun!!

This was a non-publicized gathering as we did not want 30 or 40 cars showing up. It turned out to be a perfect group of about 15 cars including a Murcielago, two 360s, a 308, two new Lotus Turbos, two 996 TTs, a 996 GT2, two 996 C4Ss, a 911 Turbo S, a Viper GTS ACR, and a M3. What a great group, great weather, and an awesome venue!

Emil - You and your friends can really drive! I wish we (down here in the OC) had some of the roads you guys have up there in Angeles Crest. The roads are simply perfect - smooth, excellent high speed sweepers, little to no traffic, etc. Who could ask for more?

We stopped in an undisclosed location and made a few high speed passes. I think of few of the cars reached 75% of their potential top speed. There is video footage that will be awesome! Can't wait to see it.

All in all it was a great day! No mishaps, no tickets, no drama! Just pure fun doing what we love to do! Thanks again guys!

4. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Ended up doing Angeles Crest just by ourselves today - up and out of La Canada around 3:00 PM. No pix - I was driving(!), but we did go all the way down to Wrightwood and so of course went through the double tunnels along the way. I have my week-old Tubi/Hyper-flow combination so slowed right down and then did a WOT run through both tunnels. My wife said she was screaming as loud as she could and could not hear herself!!! There were a couple of guys pulled off between the tunnels with really big eyeballs as I went past, and the guy on the motorcycle behind us pulled off right after - I assume he had some hearing damage.

Great day - glad you guys had fun up there too!

Cheers
    Kevin

5. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Nice pics guys - I'm sure it was more fun than the day I spent working! :(

6. Wasabe

Wasabe Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Jennifer
    Gee looks fun! Too bad I couldn't go.

Why was a viper there? :D That's not an exotic. ;)

7. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    AHHHH!!! Why didn'y i know!!??!!??!!

8. Wasabe

Wasabe Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    Santa Monica
    Full Name:
    Jennifer

It was for special people obviously. ;) We weren't special enough :D :D :D

9. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    lol!

10. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Ya, it was a private run with a small number of cars, so don't fell bad. I'm sure you'll make another run one of these days.

Talk to you later.

11. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Oh i see how it is... Mr.IM-SO-COOL-I-GOT-INVITED-TO-A-"PRIVATE"-RUN!!!! Im j/k! LOL!

12. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I reckon I'm even cooler - so exclusive it was just me....

Next time I won't even invite myself!!

Cheers
    Kevin

13. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Don't worry guys! Byron is going to make it up to you very soon! Right Byron! :)

14. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    :D Don't worry, even better times will come your way soon. Don't worry, beeee happy :)

15. sobemike

sobemike Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Artone
    It sure was a lot of fun...too bad my cold was getting to me and I had to come back after the first stop (straight away) and did not get to participate in the high mph drive bys. It was nice meeting everyone that I did not already know.

Thanks for Emil for organizing and of course Matt for awesome food (breakfast) as always.

Michael
    '02 Lotus Esprit (silver)

16. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Ok guys, I just finished uploaded the last of the vids. Everyone enjoy them! I will try to upload my pics tonight here on f-chat. Also keep a look out for my Go-Karting video!!!

17. sobemike

sobemike Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael Artone
    here are a few pix that I had taken...

18. kwb

kwb Rookie

May 25, 2004
    Great time running with everyone - next time lets do brunch like jeffrey planned!!!

19. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    I agree!!! :) :)