The Shirt Design is in! Please vote... | FerrariChat

The Shirt Design is in! Please vote...

Discussion in 'New England' started by Birdman, Aug 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Do you like this?

1. I like it, lets make shirts!

2. I don't like it, lets get another company to try this design.

3. I don't like this design at all, start over from scratch.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hi Everyone,
    Deb has labored on getting the shirt design that Ryan did into a stitched pattern. The file is a scan of an actual test stitching on fabric. I think it's great and if people like it, we can order shirts immediately. Doody has told me that he doesn't like it and wants to have another embroidery place take a whack at it. I'm starting a poll. Please vote and let's decide if this works or if we need to start all over again.

Birdman

2. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    I think it looks nice. Only one problem.... The 2 front vents, where are they? They are on the prototype pictures but not the actual shirt.

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i like that...! i want one, especially if that one is gonna be the only one...! Let me know... What are you folks charging...? Do i have to be in New England to get one...? :)

4. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    My mistake, this is not an actual stitched piece, it's a pre-stitch approximation of what the actual stitched piece will look like made by the software that creates the stictched piece. Apparently, the stitched piece actually will have better colors. This software "approximates" the crosshatch pattern. Deb wanted feedback for small changes before stitching a sample and I misunderstood that. So, it's close to the finished product, and keep voting. I made this a 5 day poll.

Birdman

5. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Carbon,
    Of course you can order one!

Birdman

6. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Front vents were a goof. That is being fixed. Good spotting!

7. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    I think it looks good, Lets go with it. Is not like buying a couple of shirts is a big purchase and the way we stand now we will not get shirts till what, Mid September? Which is getting close to the end of our driving season here in New England.

8. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Let's go with it (w/louvers).
    We can always get a better design next year.
    (Like one with Ferro Russo text & a 308 of course..)

Hey, we could start a collectors series, a different model featured each year, along with the year.

Next time, tho let's get the design settled so the shirts are here by the end of May.

9. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    I was thinking the same thing about the date, Would give it a little collectorness to it. If we decided to go with this design and do not want to change it maybe we could just put something like MY04 with our names.

10. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Please note this is not the FINAL design. I need comments. So far we are asking her to make the font smaller and more defined, and put the air intakes (grille area) back on (those came off by accident while making the embroidery file). At the end of a few days, I will forward all the comments to Deb and she will impliment them, then stitch out a REAL one. She will mail it to me, and I will take a digital pic, then post it. I'm sorry that I posted this poll because I thought this was a real stitched version (she sent me the scan, not a real stitched piece of cloth). As it turns out, this is a "first whack" and she wanted feedback before doing the final version. This is your LAST CHANCE to get changes in, so make those comments now!!

Jonathan

11. Ferrari 328 Euro

Ferrari 328 Euro Formula Junior

Jul 19, 2004
    Salem, MA
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Being new to the site, I have to ask that you put me down for a T-shirt (are you guys offering other items as well?) What are the choices? How much and to whom do I pay?

The vents are certainly missing, but the overall design/layout is very nice. I do like the idea of changing F-car models from year to year!

I'll keep checking the site to see what the final outcome is.... looking forward to it!

Brandon

12. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hi Brandon,
    First of all, welcome to the site and please join us at the event at Verell's house in Groton this weekend. We would love to meet you and your 328.

The price of the shirts will be $20 each (what a deal!) plus an add-on for customization (your FChat name on the sleeve, optional) plus a small shipping charge. When the time comes I will take orders and post it here.

All:
    I have sent the proposed changes I have received from some of you to Deb, and she is going to modify the pattern, stitch an actual sample on cloth and I'm going to TRY to have it for the cookout this weekend. If that doesn't happen, I'll post a pic here ASAP (well, I'll post the pic either way). At that point I'll take orders. I'll take orders for a week or so to be sure that everyone who wants one has gotten a chance to order, then I'll submit the order and we should have shirts witin 2 weeks. I know it has taken a long time to get this done, but the "design by committee" thing really takes a while. In the end it will be worth it. We'll have shirts in time for a September FChat gathering!

Birdman