Ferrari Haven? | FerrariChat

Ferrari Haven?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ScuderiaRossa, Aug 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    Spent the weekend in Westhampton and lost count of all the Ferraris we saw! 360s, 355s, 348s...Must be the air.

Also spotted a pale blue gullwing MB.

P.S. Anyone ever have dinner at Star Boggs?

2. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    No red Mondial ? I was out and about on Sunday. As for Star Boggs... that is reserved for the tourists... ;)

3. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    I was out in WHB tues. and wed and saw exactly 0. Except at manhatten moters. 456, 2 360s, 355, 328.

4. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    Actually, we did see a Mondial in a hotel parking lot on Dune Road. Was that you, Ed? Thanks for the tip on Star Boggs; we stopped in to look at a menu, but passed. Where do the locals eat?

Gregory, also stopped at Manhattan Motors to check out the two MB SLs.

5. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Not a bad sighting at all.

6. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    It wasn't me on Dune Rd. that you saw. As for the locals... I think most eat at McDonalds.. lol. Actually I was teasing you about Star Boggs, I've never been there so I don't know how it is one way or the other. When you are heading out this way again let me know and I'll give you a couple of good recommendations on restaurants .

7. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I was out that way on Saturday also, sorry I did not see anyone. Len, FYI Ed only eats at places with crayons on the table LOL.

8. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Great! Now my secret is out!

Hey Dave... you didn't happen to drive past my store on Saturday did you? I was heading out to the parking lot, I'm not sure what time, and saw a red 308 drive past heading west on Montauk Hwy. Only caught a passing glimpse, though.

9. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

No wasn't me. I would stop and see if you are there to say hello, if I was passing by.

10. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    Hi Dave, how have you been? Will you be going to the Fall Festival?

My aunt's on vacation so we've been house-sitting on the weekends, especially if the weather's good. We'll probably be out this weekend as well with the 911. Was thinking about going to the European car show at the Sheraton in NJ, but if its a beach day, that's going to be a hard sell to Mila.

Ed, ate at Baby Moon saturday night, which has the atmosphere of a MacDonald's, but only slightly better food IMO. Thinking about trying either The Patio or Le Bistro in Westhampton Beach.

11. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    Don't know about those either.... How about trying Trumpets in Eastport or the Stronecreek Inn in East Quogue or White Truffel Inn in East Moriches. Have always had a good experience at all of those..

12. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Hey Len, where in Teaneck are you? I grew up on Sussex Road and now live in Ridgewood. There aren't many F-cars in Teaneck, so I'm surprised that I haven't seen you at some point. A close friend of mine lives on Forest Ave and has a red 355 spider (soon to be 360 Spider). Hope to see you at the Crossroads on Sat...

13. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I beg to differ. I've seen quite a few Ferrari, Viper, Lotus etc in Teaneck/Berganfield area. That gulf station on Teaneck road seems to collect them. From Mondial to 360 Modenas.

14. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    nice

15. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    Eric, I'm on River Road (south of Fairleigh Dickinson) across from the park. Going to the play the Crossroads by ear...

Ed, thanks for the recommendations.

16. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Len, you mean Lime Rock fall festival? If so, hope to be up there for the weekend.

I understand not getting Mila away from the beach, my wife needs dynamite to separate her from the beach.

Still looking for a 3.0 csi?

17. ScuderiaRossa

ScuderiaRossa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2001
    Dave, I was referring to the Garden State Fall Festival, spnsored by Classic Coach; 9/19 in Florham Park, NJ.

Re: the CSI, don't get me started! Yes, its still on the list, but so is an early-80s Alfa Spyder, and an early-60s MB 190SL. We recently purchased a home in Florida, so I have to fill the two-car garage with something, preferrably a convertible.