348 clutch - final update | FerrariChat

348 clutch - final update

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by jkuk, Aug 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jkuk

jkuk Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Wirral, UK
    Full Name:
    John K
    I have now repacked the flywheel, replaced the triple seals, put the bell housing back on - which was painful but I guess due to slightly misaligned clutch plates.

I then tightened up the flywheel nut - yes I know this should have been done earlier - but I aim to use a flywheel lock to finally torque it up.

Started her up and tested the clutch - everything fine but I got a lot of vibration - which I thought was the lack of an exhaust.

It turned out to be the rivets on the back of flywheel just scoring the bell housing.

Tightened the large nut up again and all now seems fine. That must be a very fine tolerance between the flywheel rivets and bellhousing unless I have done something wrong.

Anyway, tightened up the little grub screw in the large ring nut as far as it would go thinking it would increase the gap but it seems impossible to turn this one it touches the internal spacer.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks
    John

2. jkuk

jkuk Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Wirral, UK
    Full Name:
    John K