The price is right? | FerrariChat

The price is right?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ilya, Aug 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ilya

Ilya Karting

Jul 14, 2004
    Socal
    Full Name:
    Ilya
    Hey guys,

So I drove a few 355's and a few 360's and decided that the 360 is definetly the car for me. Now i have found a guy that is selling his 2000 360 Modena with 12K miles for $125,000. The vehicle has a clear title (according to him) and its a Red/Black with a challenge grill and a tubi.

I have two questions:

1) How low is this price and what are the chances that its a clean car (nothing fishy)?

2) Not really relevant but can someone explain the different seat choices on the 360 please.

Thanks in advance,

Ilya

2. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Couple of points - this price could be a little high - due to the fact that it is due for it's 30K/3 year which ever comes first service - which will be on average around 5K - could be more depending on what you need to do like breaks, clutch, etc...

Is it an F1 or 6 speed? F1 will drive a little higer price - (however the 6 speeds are seemingly rare to see - so I am wondering if there will be a premium in a few years on the manuals...)

I have seen a few with asking around the 115K mark... (some higer milage even a little lower - around 100K).

I would say - that if you could get this car for around 110 - 115K- knowing you should do the 30K service pretty soon - also keep in mind that it could cost 10K (if a lot is needed) - that would be a decent deal...

Of course the prices are going down on these each month - due to numbers for sale and the new model coming out soon... So all you have to do is wait and be selective and you will be able to get one around/under the 100K mark in a few months or so...\

Make sure you get a PPI done by a decent dealer in your area (wherever you are located) - that should give you a little security that it is in decent shape..

I do not believe that a clear title is unusual or fishy at all - Most of my cars are clear titles - unless they are leased - including my F-cars... And this car is 4 years old - most loans would have been 3 to 5 years... The car condition, detailed records of service, etc - are more to worry about.

Good luck - and hope you join the site - lots of good info out here!

3. Ilya

Ilya Karting

Jul 14, 2004
    Socal
    Full Name:
    Ilya
    Can I really get a car for 110-115k? I live down in San Diego and dealers here have told me that this (125) is an absolute bottom price.

Hmmm what am I missing out on?

Ilya

4. Here are the seating options for the 360 Modena;

Standard seats
    Standard seats with coloured stiching
    Standard seats with coloured piping
    Daytona seats
    Daytona seats with coloured stiching
    Daytona seats with coloured piping
    Sport seats with central part in leather
    Sport seats with central part in fabric

Since it is hard to explain the difference, just go to www.maranellosales.com then go to Carrozzeria Scaglietti options, then click 360 Modena. There you can browse through the full options list and view pictures of all avalible options and seating styles.

5. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

I think that seems a little low too unless you are able to buy wholesale i.e. the dealer. Call a dealer and ask them what they would give you for a '00 360 with the options you are looking at. Then find a private party who is about to trade a car in and offer him a few more bucks than his trade in. Or find a desparate seller. You may luck out on this but as you are finding it takes some work to sniff out a really great deal. Good luck.

6. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Don't forget the power option. I have heard several dealers say without power seats a 360 is quite difficult to sell and will take a big price hit.

Gary

7. Ilya

Ilya Karting

Jul 14, 2004
    Socal
    Full Name:
    Ilya
    The 360 im discussing has power seats. It also has red piping on the seats.

Ilya

8. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    That's a fair price. I have looked quite a bit and $125 for a 2000 is pretty good. Assuming that it is US model, very good condition etc. The fact it has 12K miles is also good - not a garage queen. I think the color combo is also good.

This is definitley a good starting point. Add or subtract $ based on other factors e.g. service history, power seats, F1 vs. 6 spd, etc.

9. Ilya

Ilya Karting

Jul 14, 2004
    Socal
    Full Name:
    Ilya
    Yep its a US car with a 6 Spd. I think Im going to have my mechanic fly up to do a PPI.

Thanks for the info guys,

Ilya

10. Do you know if you can get power seats with the sport seats?

11. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Sports seats are manual only. Some dealers have said they are harder to sell than standard and Daytona seats, for what that's worth.

Gary

12. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Some also say the sports seats are somewhat uncomfortable for extended rides (>2 hours or so). I sure do like the look of them however. - Tim

13. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I guess that varies with your back and behind, but it's not uncommon. I have a friend with a sport-seat equipped Spider whose wife literally won't ride in the car anymore, she finds them so uncomfortable. She is quite thin and small, maybe they just don't fit small people that well.

Gary

14. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

lya,

i am also in san diego and would suggest to you that the market prices you have been told of may not reflect the pricing available to you if you shop on a national basis. the fact is that these cars are plentifull and there are generally no less than 100 coupes or spyders advertised in the fml. and do remember that the price qouted and the price that is trnsacted upon are often different!

be stingy...you will eventualy ge the correct car.

pcb