US 308 owners... | FerrariChat

US 308 owners...

Discussion in '308/328' started by spike308, Aug 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Anyone put the Euro-type prancing horse on the front grill of your US 308?
    Did you change the profile of the bumper to do it?
    is it easy to put on?
    how much?

2. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    The US grille is too small to obstruct the radiator like that, besides - no one would see it anyway, the stock US bumper has so much overhang.

I prefer the Euro bumper/grille/air dam treatment, it looks like it shoves more air through the radiator. The integrated fog lamps and the Euro two-tone turn signal lenses are also terrific - a horse on the front grill would probably be more appropriate there, and be more visible.

Unfortunately, you're looking at about $2-$3K in parts alone to perform the conversion.

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    The previous owner of my (previous) 78 308 GTS did this. It was attached with thin bailing wire. No other changes where made to the bumper or anything....looked fine. Obstruct the radiator? It's not THAT big... :)

4. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Or just buy a Euro :)

BAD Steve BAD BAD. Now BACK to your corner for a time out.

5. shifty308

shifty308 Karting

Aug 7, 2004
    coulterville ca
    Full Name:
    steven schiffler
    the prancing horse on my 308 came with two screws or rather studs sticking out the back, a two inch piece of plumbers tape and two nuts were the total expense, except of course for the pony hisself, maybe a buck, thousands? what an idiot.

6. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i added one to mine, i safety wired it to keep it in place, and it can be removed when the car goes to a new caretaker.
    i have the euro valence to replace my damaged one, however i would like to paint the whole car and do the bottom section in boxer black and keep the top Marrone. if i get to that point!!