seat upholstery - 0666 and others | FerrariChat

seat upholstery - 0666 and others

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by zjpj, Aug 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    0666 currently has a tan corduroy interior. See my attached picture. I have almost never seen such fabric on other period Ferraris, road or competition. Would it have been original? If not, when was it fitted?

More generally: how did most/all competition cars come from the factory? Blue cloth? Some leather?

2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I have my answer. Yes, it is correct.

Thanks -

3. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    ? So it did come like that?

I was going to say that in one of the interior shots it appears as though it does have that kind of interior. Also, the car was restored, so i assume that it was not changed.

4. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    looks comfy btw

5. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    I have also poked my nose into this subject and have heard a couple of things over the years that I'd be interested to see your reactions to. Now this is for the sports racers of the 50s and early 60s.

. . .that the seat covers for the race cars were made out of whatever cloth was around for making the mechanics' overalls - which would explain the seats that were blue or khaki duck cloth.

. . . that customer racers were fitted w/ what the privateer client wanted - my dad's 500 Mondial was fitted w/ red vinyl - "plastico" on the ADS

. . . that the seat covers were almost never leather (unless spec'd by a customer) - no need for leather in a factory work horse.