Camera Mounts | FerrariChat

Camera Mounts

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by red, Aug 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. red

red Rookie

Jul 27, 2004
    Has anyone had experience with camera mount on their ferraris. I have a Modena and wanted to create the angle off the back left shot (like in magazines) on a race track. Does a mount like that exist?

2. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
  3. red

red Rookie

Jul 27, 2004
    Thanks albertl. I've seen those mounts before, i was looking for more distance. However, I just found what i was looking for, www.gtmount.com The demo video seems pretty stable and i can make that back left angle i wanted.

4. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    GT mounts are a little extreme... They are for really high or far shots from the car. You see how they have to be bungie strapped and all sorts, no one wants to chance their Italian paint with those. Try Hague (I think) yes here they are:

http://www.b-hague.co.uk/Mounting%20Brackets.htm#SM1

I would recommend the double suction or pro suction mounts, but we have a fairly large professional-type something fancy camera (it's not small, I can say that) and for most camcorders a single or double would do fine.

5. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    By the way they were used in the Gumball 3000, even by the Enzo team at almost 225mph... go with it!

6. ferrari sulla pellicola

ferrari sulla pellicola Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2004
    Los angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard
    those mounts are more for typical film applications,and regardless of how secure the mounting cups fit during the mounting process the stress loads at speed combined with the camera weight can pop it loose or worse.

7. red

red Rookie

Jul 27, 2004
    Thanks ferrari sulla pellicola, I've heard similar things from other people about suction mounts. I've read some good things about the GTmount on indie film sites, I think I will give it a try.