Breakfast Club #1 pictures | FerrariChat

Breakfast Club #1 pictures

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Spasso, Aug 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    #1 Spasso, Aug 8, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    We probably need to drive before breakfast. Meet, Drive, then Eat. Some fine tuning is in order.

3. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Good idea. I'm game.

4. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    I think the guys are sick of driving Snoqualmie Valley by now. :)

How about heading either north, south, or west (sound region) for the next one?

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I would be game for a "north" drive on some Saturday morning...then I could continue on up to Vancouver, BC! ;) Just not the 14th or 21st.....

Dave

6. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Willis,
    I liked the first segment you took us on, 'the zig zag road', except for the ubiquitous bicycles it wasn't bad. The second segment with the little 'air time' corners was a pleasant surprise too.

I imagine next weekend (the 14th/15th) will be a little short on people with Monterey and Pebble Beach going on so I am thinking that with Bruno's birthday the weekend after Pebble Beach, (the 22nd) we could combine a morning drive enroute to Bruno's on Camano.

Eat a good breakfast first thing in the morning and meet me at the Shell station (Denny's) at exit 208 around 9:30/10:00. I can put together a circle route that will put us on Camano around 12:30 or so. Maybe bring a few snacks to munch in between corners.:p

I am open to other suggestions too.

DJ

P.S. I guess it will be next year, not this year, that the Bud will be out of boat racing. Sort of like Ferrari leaving F1. The Bud was the most technologically advanced boat out there. The best funded as well. Now there is talk of smaller boats with automotive based engines. I hope they don't go the NASCAR route.:(

7. GaryReed

GaryReed F1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2002
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Nice mix of cars!

Sorry I couldn't make it today, another time for sure.

8. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Great pictures, John. I hope you could make it to Bruno's in a couple of weeks.

9. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H

DJ,

I think a breakfast meet before the drive up to Camano Island would be a great idea. Can't eat too much though. We have to leave plenty of room when we arrive at Bruno's. :)

The boat races will be more exciting next year.

10. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    We should go get a cup of jo and some muffins at starbucks and then head out. Anyone know of a good starbucks on the way?

11. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Gentlemen, Gentlemen, Gentlemen

Looks like I missed another good drive. Things at work will have to slow down sometime, I hope!!

I did have a little spare time and started working on a location and route for a possible West Sound drive. Maybe the "Breakfast Club" would be a good time to try it. I need to do a little more research but have found a decent trip of about 40 miles. Need to check on some eatery locations and hours and I'll be close to ready to make a "dry run" at it! I really need to get the 308 back on it's feet and try it out first!!

John

12. yb360

yb360 Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    WA
    Full Name:
    John A.
    I would like to, but I'm heading out of town again about that time; just not sure yet if it will before or after Bruno's. Hopefully after.

13. D-348

D-348 Karting

May 6, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Cochran
    Wow! Looks like a good group and drive!

Sorry I had to miss it :(

I did get out in the 348 yesterday and drove all around the valley and the plateau on erands - it was a perfect day, but it would have been more fun driving with the group (as I found out on the Peninsula trip).

I'm looking forward to whatever is cooked up for the ride to Bruno's, though!

14. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Hey definitely a good turn out for our first inaugaral "Breakfast Club" run. 12th Avenue Cafe accomodated all of us nicely..........even with separate checks. The only glitch I can see with breakfast afterwards instead of before is that we might not be able to get a large group such as we had into one restaurant. Did you see how crowded it was right at around 8:30am there. If D. Tegeler hadn't gotten there at 7:30am!.............we would have been SOL'd. Anyways, definitely lots of room for tinkering as we move forward............The drive was great, the weather was awesome............but the company at breakfast is what makes "The Breakfast Club":) Sorry just a little sentimental;)

So for those who didn't make the first one...............my brain is churning right now for another this weekend............It will be another glorious day in the NW! Throw some ideas at me...............

15. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Sounds like a great time was had by all. I'm thinking about starting a *brunch* club myself... :) Ha! - Tim

16. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    You definitely missed out John....

I think a drive in our neck of the woods would be good, I gotta believe that 2k of the 4k miles Ive put on my car in the last 2 months has been just getting from point a to point B!!!!!

there is a great breakfast place here in the harbor (right near the italian restaurant some of you went to on the last drive out this way). Let's just make it for sometime after the 23rd so I can actually be here for it. Just my luck you all would do it will I was out of towm:)

Definitely a good call Kuzi...BTW, any word on the car????

17. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Just for the record guys, somebody besides me showed up FIRST! HA!

I seem to recall a stop at the Farmhouse Restaurant one winter day at about 12:00 and the place was empty. Off season of course but thay have capacity for late breakfast. I'll see if I can come up with some other ideas.

18. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Catch the 8:30 boat in Mukilteo, then breakfast in Langley, maybe work up a scenic route. Spend more than 5 minutes at Fort Casey. I'll bring refreshments.

Just an idea................................

19. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    are we talking a route for the "Breakfast" club or a route for the "Lead-Foot" club :)

SR 410 from Enumcla up to

Chinook Pass to relax and enyoy view of Mt Rainier (at small lake) and

coffee at a place on the way back (can't remember the town)

80 miles one way ( should be a quicky)

20. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    forget b'fast - i like this better...;-)

21. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    That works for me..........which day? Thomas/Albert, you guys want to put it together?

22. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    suggest to do it Sunday early say start 8am - but I am open to Saturday

maps attached - the roads are decent and only the last stint gets moderate bumpy - traffic is low on the way up if you are before 10am

the SR 169 part is not super exiting - someone might know some back-roads

23. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Do you have an approximate trip time? That looks to be a couple hours each way, plus lunch and "health breaks"....makes it a pretty full day....I guess I'm in...where will the link up point be?

Davfe

24. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    80 miles one way - you can do it in .:. hours

we should target 8am and back before noon - less if Kuzi shares his T3 pills