GRAPHIQDEZINE.....WHO ARE YOU??? | FerrariChat

GRAPHIQDEZINE.....WHO ARE YOU???

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by BWS550, Aug 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    I HAVE BEEN WATCHING YOUR COMMENTS AND NEGATIVE FEED BACK TO ALL OUR F-CHAT BROTHERS..

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE??, SO SUPERIOR TO OTHERS.???..GO BACK TO THE PLANET YOU CAME FROM...DO US ALL A FAVOR.........

BRUCE...

2. Zupra

Zupra F1 Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    St Louis
    Full Name:
    Chesney
    You tell them Bruce:)

3. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
  4. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Bruce, I'm coming in late in the game. Did he start **** or was he just defending himself. I saw some posts where poeple were talking bad about him then he got rude in his responses. I just don't know what kicked this off......

5. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    ERIC

GO INTO HIS PROFILE AND READ HIS POSTS...........SIMPLY A BAD SEED HERE....................

6. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

7. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    THANKS DAVE FOR YOUR HELP :)

8. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

This is where it all started, there is a reference to another thread in "business" where someone asked ideas on how to invest 100K.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26654

Post #1 is important, then you can skip to #7.

9. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    CLIFF

READ IT......LOL...

MUST HAVE GONE TO THE ALLAN LAMBO SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS AND SALESMANSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Or maybe you'll just 'Act as if' you read it? :)

11. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Ok Bruce,

I did as you suggested. I went to his profile and I started reading his first posts. I thought I would get a clear understanding quickly. Not the case.....Unfortunately for me I really had to read ALL the posts to get an understanding. Let me make something very clear.......... I do not know this guy.........I do not even agree with a lot of what he says..... But I think the majority of his posts are not rude in nature and he tries to be helpful in most.

Clifford, I'm not sure how this got so out of control. You called him on a PM he sent you...... he responded openly....that should have been the end of it. I have seen some balanced replies from you to him since, so are you giving him a chance?

I've got to say, he has had to deal with an overwhelming amount of bashing on our site. Why? We are Ferrari guys (ladies) and should be able to rise above attacks on a mid 20 yo..

When I saw that thread "Caption Contest to end all Caption Contests" I thought DL was either showing a pict of himself or some guy that had no involvement with Fchat. I was actually going to post a caption! I'm glad I didn't... I had no idea we were making jokes at someone elses expense. This is very grade school.........

Then another thread "is it just me" Talks about him, posts his number, his address, I think if he had started threads like these about other fchaters we would fry him.

Bruce, you ask the question, "Graphiqdezine....Who are you???". I suggest you wait and reserve judgement on this person. Frankly, he does seem a bit all over the place. Maybe he hasn't made up his mind yet who he is.

I'm going to try and help him where I can -- just like I would for all of you. Though, he may need it more........ I am asking you to take the high road and let this go.

Also, Art, if your reading this....... I saw where he questioned your position. I've always thought your responses have been very genuine. You were right to correct him. You were right to demand an apology. He gave it to you and corrected himself. I don't think your one to hold a grudge.....

Oh and Zup........what are you doing in here? I didn't see any posts between you and this guy - chill 'lil man

Anyway, I'm not suggesting anyone invest with him. But, I'm hoping we get away from this lynching.

12. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Why? seems he deserves it if you ask me, and i am a broker.... of sorts

13. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    I think I may have been one of the first to rat him out in this thread:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26564&highlight=32+posts

(See post # 6, and # 10)

Here is the problem: Some guy out of nowhere signs on to Ferrarichat, posts 30-something posts in one day, then offers to make somebody gobs of money if you give him $100,000.

I belive most ferrarichatter's are relatively successful, and to be so must be relatively smart. Therefore, when some stranger comes on here promising to make us money if we give him $100,000, we are not likely to believe him.

People who are looking to invest money in a business deal are not going to simply give their money to some stranger on the internet. They are likely going to find someone they know and trust to deal with.

This site is a great place to meet people and learn about ferrari's and all kinds of other things like politics and bikini's. Lots of us have developed friendships here.

Lets face it Graphiqdezine, this is the wrong way to start off on this site. If you want respect, you need to earn it. You don't come on here and tell us that you are Mr. Success and expect us to believe it. If you are really as successful as you claim, we will no doubt find out about it eventually. In the meantime, you need to earn people's respect.

How do you do this? Make some positive contributions to the site. Ask good questions. Offer input when you are able to (and don't BS anybody). Maybe find out when some of your local Fchatters are getting together and go hang out. Make yourself known. After a few months, then maybe you will get some credibility.

Most of us on this board have known Brother Bruce for years (even though we may not have actually met him), and I venture to guess that many of us have bought his batteries. He is someone who is respected, and trusted. If Bruce were to post that he had a business opportunity, I bet lots of people would be interested, with the knowledge from past experience that he is a person you can trust. But I am sure that that trust did not come immediately, and Bruce paid his dues beforehand (i.e., he made positive contributions to the site, etc). And, as another example, I've never met Art355, but from his posts over the years, I know that he is an intelligent person. I may not completely agree with his politics, but I do believe that he is genuinely passionate about ferrari's and about the law. I believe he has good intentions. He had made himself a respected member of this site by making positive contributions.

In the meantime, you are just some other guy on an internet message board, and not to be taken seriously. But don't worry, you can change that. Contribute to the site. Be careful who you insult (better yet, don't insult anybody). You may want to consider something I did when I first discovered Ferrarichat: I lurked for almost a year before making my first post. When I made my post, I was familiar with who was who on the site, and I believe I managed to fit in. I asked a genuine question, followed up on my question, and continued to make meaningful contributions to the site (I believe). I did not come in promising everyone that I could make them lots of money if they gave me $100,000.

Just my $0.02.

Dom

14. gentry

gentry Guest

I guess that is the point entirely. I came to the site at the behest of another user. I was told that my appreciation for nice cars and my low tollerance for immaturity and stupidity would make this a much better venue for me.

So I came and I registered. You will notice my first posts mentioned nothing of my business but were car related. It wasn't until my 23rd post that I even mentioned any money, and that was a direct response to a question. Not a snake oil pitch.

A few members expressed interest (even if it turned out to be facetiously) and I followed up with PMs to them to see if they were really interested, and if they were, I could start a discourse with them and proceed to a level where some actual business takes place. Some replied with course remarks, others didn't reply at all, and others proceeded to call me a fraud in public with absolutely zero knowledge of the actual opportunity.

One even went so far as to google my screen name so that he could find dirt on me and linked a thread about personal hygene (not sure how that was defamatory to me) and made a note that I was banned from a BMW website (without even knowing the reason). How either of those things have ANY bearing on my business or my ethics is still unknown. Afterall, most of the things those who have called me out for my age, my post count, and my ethics have gone to make posts that are infinitly worse than anything that has been drummed up on me.

I have tried to help people and make constructive contributions to the community even while my name was being dragged through the mud in various threads by people who didn't even take a moment to get to know me.

I am a good guy. I am friendly, helpful, honest, I like to THINK Im intelligent and I came here looking for the same. But instead I was greeted with harsh words and ill intentions.

Perhaps I am asking too much.

P.S.: I have never promised anyone anything in regards to money. I never told anyone "hey I can make you this if you give me that". Just one more inaccuracy in the flames of me.

15. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Sorry. Lets give this guy a break, let him start with a clean slate, you have done it for others, give him a chance.

16. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Who ever posted his address should be kicked in the nuts. That is just wrong. There is another member here who sent me a pm about investing monies. Seemed like bs to me, but I kept it to myself.

17. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Yes I am. After all the posturing he finally actually ask about Ferrari related issues in the Vintage thread. He, in another forum, copied a little story he wrote, an open contribution to the site.

I think he now understands that the somewhat embellished personal history is not taken at face value.

I agree with Carbon's post that our criticism should be about the embellished business story and not personal attacks. IMHO, and I'm saying this because you asked, I think the caption thread was out of line and embarrassing. I made no critical comtributions to it.

I sent him a PM offering a "truce", as I really have no stomach for this sort of thing.

18. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Gentry - Time and again, you've stated you are a broker. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Broker, by gum. Oddly, though - Your nic - as my esteemed colleague Bruce is quoted as saying, "GRAPHIQDEZINE" - is consistent with a different occupation on several sites - indeed, it rhymes in it's own turn-of-the Century way.

If you've switched occupations - by gum, you should let these guys in on some of your broker deals.
    http://www.nerdtreehouse.com/php/html/user.php?op=userinfo&uname=graphiqdezine

I see you were also listed as a "designer" over at macmerc, though it doesn't want to load.

As you are quite active at houston-imports.com, you responded to a "username" thread:
    http://67.15.4.46/~admin2/forums/showthread.php?p=1483616&highlight=GRAPHIQDEZINE#post1483616

"graphiqdezine = graphic design." - You gq, you!
    http://67.15.4.46/~admin2/forums/member.php?userid=3807

Of course, your "contact" info matches across the board.

As for all of the above, haven't seen much interest on your part in discussing real estate, as a broker or otherwise - other than asking members on houston-imports for forums which "businessmen" participate in. Won't go into those little details now, though.

F-Chat isn't a Money Pit for the presumptious - it's a Snake Pit for the unwary.

I do appreciate your political opinions shared on that last board, though, you International Man of Mystery, you.

19. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    I totally agree with LETSJET. Excellent letter!

I read the "offending posts" and could only conclude that Graphiqdezigns' posts were the most level headed responses I've seen, considering the hostile barrage he faced. Personally I wish the age issue was dropped. If you wanna see immature responses check out the "Crappy Replicas" thread.

Regarding the Caption contest, I didn't know we were making fun of a fellow member! That's not right unless someone knows he won't mind. And still, he didn't 'come apart' on that either. That's commendable. But I gotta admit, it was worth it. Some of those posts are hillarious!

Best!
    Wes

20. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Aw, fer the love of...

Lissen, ladies: if ya don't like a certain poster an/or the posts he/she makes, IGNORE THEM!!!

Geezus, is this so hard to fathom?

21. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Good Man............. since I'm just waking up - a good way to start the day!

Gentry, there have been some nice posts here. I hope you learn from them and appreciate the gesture. I look forward to your posts.........

22. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Thanks Wes! My fellow Canadian Fchater...... Thanks for the props. I spent far to much time on this issue, reading every post and response. But, I figured it was worth it to help clear this up.

23. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Finally. Thank you.

The reason he came to this site is through my suggestion. I know Gentry from Houston-Imports.com and he made a post asking for business/professional forums. I posted a few of them, but I PM'ed him a link to our Business & Investment forum because I didn't want others on that board to come and start flooding this one with idiotic posts - I consider this the most valuable of all the others I know of. The amount of knowledge on this forum could rival that of the Britannica.

I suggested Fchat because I considered most of the members to be professional and courtious and help out w/ suggestions or comments.

Glad this is finally coming to an end,

Jason-

24. UroTrash

Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

So YOU are the one that sent him here!?!?

OK, who's starting the new thread about Jason? J/K :)

25. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Fair enough Jason, Just, well he really went out of his way to get a few members hot under the collar and I for one have no issue with him if he minds his way.