button must stay at bar or out of f1 | FerrariChat

button must stay at bar or out of f1

Discussion in 'F1' started by ross, Aug 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
  2. bigndude

bigndude Karting

Mar 16, 2004
    Well he's probably not gonna try as hard for the rest of this year, maybe he will next year, but he sure will be pissed.

3. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    What is the point of forcing a driver to stay wit the team when he is clearly motovated to join another team? David Richards needs to let Jenson Button go. There would be too much stress on the team to work with a driver that everyone knows he wants to drive for naother team.

4. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Apparently the headline is deceptive, as the CRB only has the BAR/Button contract right now. This is just a BAR press release, worded to look like something important.

Once the Williams/Button contract is submitted to the CRB then the rulings will matter.

5. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Okay, somebody has to say it: Will Richards be wearing "button-down" collars from now on? :D

6. davel

davel Guest

Too funny!! :) Love it! Fire the guy now no matter what!! Put Davidson in the seat and let him drive. No matter what the contract status is, Dave Richards should put his foot down and teach the youngling a lesson. 2 or 3 race break to sort out the deal rather than let him drive. Not driving is the best way to get a DRIVERS attention!

7. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
  8. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Williams countered the BAR release w/ the following:

Moreover, Button knows more than we do ... its been said that Honda's connection to BAR (although now in writing) is very loose; Honda's new contract is believed to include an additional clause that would allow the manufacturer to 'break-away' from its three-year deal should the new rules that are currently being discussed by the FIA and the 10 teams not be to its liking.

The above loose association, is part & parcel of the out clause in Button's contract upon which this hinges ; Button must have known about Honda's postion about their support for BAR and had his contract worded accordingly.

9. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
  10. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    lol! :D

11. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
  12. millemiglia

millemiglia Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    #12 millemiglia, Aug 11, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway

funny it is, but correct it's not. any man can forward his own life any way he choses.... and it aint over yet

anyone else notice that richards was welshing on contract payments for points gained to J buttoni -- which really pissed him off and rightly so....

14. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    Is there any chance that Williams could buy out Button's contract? Either way, I think that so far the situation has been handled poorly. I don't have the same respect for Button as I did before.

15. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    I agree that Button should not be 'forced' to drive for a team he wants to leave. Thats just crazy. However, I do wish Button would stay with Honda. The honda is definitely becoming a true performer, and I have a feeling that next year will be a great year for them.