I dont believe this. F-Car dealer doing a Grand opening on ..... | FerrariChat

I dont believe this. F-Car dealer doing a Grand opening on .....

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by DrStranglove, Aug 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
  2. gentry

gentry Guest

I think it is possible to both remember those, and still function normally.

I respect you for your service, good work.

3. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    well, there is a track event here in Texas Sept 11-12. While I'm quite sure there will be a moment of silence, which might last a few hours, there does come a time when we need to push on for the good of our country.

Terrorism is always in the news, and we are constantly bombarded with [possibly] false alarms and alerts that things do not appear the same. The networks need to make money you know.

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    We must never let 9/11 become just another moment of silence. If we do, the bad guys win. We must always remember how we felt on that day because if we don't, I'm afraid that we will have another day of infamey

DrTax

5. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    I got cussed out for my feelings of bad taste in the other thread.

Amazing.

I just find it cold.

But that is just me.

Wonder if they will have the F-Car flag at half mast?

6. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Eh, I see both sides of the fence.....its still a work day for Federal Employees, so the Govt. doesn't consider the date as sacred as others might. Its like Memorial Day - to some, a day of appreciation and rememberance. To others, a good day to go shopping and hunt for bargains. Ain't Freedom Great?

7. infraredline

infraredline Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm going to my cousin's wedding on sept 11th with about 500 guests - family and friends (including the archbishop of chicago).
    Needless to say, people have commented on the date, but it has not prevented anyone from attending.
    It will make it easier to remember anniversaries too.

Jus my 2 cents. I hope everyone spends it in the way they see fit, and maybe next year will be a more somber day of reflection for me.

8. Bimmerista

Bimmerista Formula 3

Feb 7, 2004
    Carrollton, TX
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Grapevine Italian Car Fest is on September 11.

I know that this date is very important b/c our country was attacked by terrorists. But we must not go on about how this date is "sacred" just b/c its September 11. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.

9. GhostRider

GhostRider Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    That's ridiculous. Just because it's 9/11 doesn't mean you have to stop living. Rememer history, respect it, but don't act like nothing good can ever happen on 9/11 again. My sister's birthday is 9/11, should she not celebrate it? What about 12/7, Pearl Harbor?

10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    In my mind's eye, I would think those who've planned events such as the examples listed above, are "symbolic" moves on 9/11, i.e., an in your face response to America's enemies instead of a thoughtless response to this day of infamy. In other words, they're thinking positive. This shouldn't be mistaken for those who plan or attend going about their day without giving a thought to 9/11. Contrarily, it magnifies their strength and resolve.