Capristo Exhausts | FerrariChat

Capristo Exhausts

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by GrahamS, Aug 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Anybody got any experience of these on a 355?

Any idea of price or who supplies them in the UK? I tried their German website but surprise surprise it was all in German

2. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    in the usa they are more popular and better than a tubi

3. Jaz

Jaz Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    JAZ
    Who told you that? That's nonsense - Tubis are sold by Ferrari out there. LOL....
    P.S. Did you know they're causing cats to overheat?

4. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    We all know the best solution to that problem..... :). *test pipes*

5. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Have you tried Heiko at HG Parts? He's one of the Fchat sponsors, he's also in Germany but he speaks english.

He's got plenty of sound files of 355's with different exhausts to help you decide.
    Cheers
    Simon

6. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Graham,

Price-wise, they were marginally cheaper than the Tubi.

I have video clips of the Capristo, and it sounds v impressive. That said, I have a video-clip of my 355 with the Tubi, and it sounds totally different in real life! They are well regarded by many in the USA (esp on the 360) but for every person who says get Tubi, there will be another who says get a Capristo, Fuchs, Quicksilver etc. The main thing is what suits you- try to listen to (and ideally ride in) cars with as many different ones as poss. Also, think about your usage- what sounds great at 7k rpm on a sunny day may sound less impressive on a wet thursday evening on the M25.

Manu at Scuderia Systems can get you a Capristo, or ProSport in Shropshire (who were nice enough, but didn't seem particularly knowledgeable).

Alternatively, try this guy (German Fchat sponsor) http://www.andale.com/stores/sf_home.jsp?mode=1&sfUrl=hgparts

He was very helpful when I contacted him about the Capristo for the 355.

Manu can get them too, but recommended the Tubi. Call him- he will give you an honest appraisal of both.

I gave this matter a lot of thought, and went for a Tubi in the end for my 355... feel free to PM me if you want to discuss it in more depth.

Robert.

7. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Thanks for all the info guys.

I've got plenty to go on now

Cheers