Edmonton Ferrari owners come together | FerrariChat

Edmonton Ferrari owners come together

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Barnone 308, Aug 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Barnone 308

Barnone 308 Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2004
    canada
    Who would be interested in getting together and doing a small drive throughout the city with there exotics, maybe organize a nice dinner in front of earls or another restaurant. Maybe evan take some pictures with all the cars. I think it be great for all exotic owners to meet. Could be a great time.
    I wouldn't mind organizing the event..

Who would be interested..

2. Myhorse

Myhorse Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    I'm in

(you already knew that..I'm just keeping the thread alive)

3. Glen_Lloyd

Glen_Lloyd Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 13, 2003
    Lloydminster AB
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Can I come from lloydminster?

4. mclarenxj220

mclarenxj220 Karting

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    holy crapppp!!! that'd be awesome! i mean Testarossas, 308s, 328s, and even maybe even the 355 Berlinetta!!! i'll definitely try to be there, but i can't rite now, cuz i'm still in china....gimme the details when they're sorted out!!!!!!!

whoooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

5. mclarenxj220

mclarenxj220 Karting

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    wut car do u have, myhorse? maybe i've seen it before...

6. Barnone 308

Mar 22, 2004
    canada

Glen,

If want to come in from Lloyd, that would be great. You car will feel welcome, and also happy to find new friends in Edmonton.

7. Barnone 308

Mar 22, 2004
    canada

When do you think you will be back from China?..

8. Jim1957

Jim1957 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2004
    Edmonton, Canada
    Full Name:
    James Morrison
    Sounds good - let me know when and where

9. Myhorse

Myhorse Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    myhorse is an 88 testarossa

I have been cruising around the city quite a bit. put 2500km in the last 3 wks. It is now at Sandro's fixing a presumed coil problem. Should be in the stable on Wed

My horse

10. mclarenxj220

mclarenxj220 Karting

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    i'm coming back on the 18th of august, but we probab need some time to get rid of the jet lag and to sort everything out...should be good to go by the 20th. school starts on sept 1st, so it may be hard for me then....so yea, w/e wrks for u guys!

myhorse: i have seen quite a few testarossas, all red? i remember that the first ferrari i saw on the road was a red TR, bout 3 years ago at the U of A, but most of the ferraris i see presently r around riverbend, where i live. one of my friends says that there's a brown guy that goes to Vernon Barford Jr High who's dad has a red 512 TR...i also met the brother of a frequent customer at ZR Auto...first his bro had a testarossa, then got a blue 308 GTS, but traded that in again for a red 355 Berlinetta...his brother let me into the garage to look at the 355...he was real nice, we chatted bout cars for a while, and then when i was gonna leave he apologized that he couldn't let me sit in it or open the engine cuz he didn't have keys.....lol!

does anyone from edmonton know bout the countachs? i have seen 2 red ones, and apparently one is a real 500 but the other seems to be a kit car....anyone know the facts?

11. Barnone 308

Mar 22, 2004
    canada
    I know some facts about the lambos. The one that is a kit car was build on an orginal 1985 lambo chassis that was written off. I think the owner used to own bad boy cars in edmonton that used to build kit cars. Just a couple of weeks ago I read in the paper that he is being brought to court for taking money and not dilvering the kit cars. I believe there were 13 orders since 2002 that he never delivered, and kept the $ 15,000 deposits. Now for the other lambos, there is a dentist by my place that owns a blk lambo, and a white testa. I think there are a few lambos in the city, but people do not drive them because its hard to find people that turn wrenches on those cars unless you do it yourself..

12. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    Don't forget, you guys also have the Murci that used to be down here! I'm up there quite often, maybe I'll run into some of you guys! Have fun with the get together!

13. Myhorse

Myhorse Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    I was in my TR the other day and saw I black countach 88 / pre anniversary 89 driven by a young ( 16-18 ) backwards hat guy.
    Did my usual flash lights, wave / thumbs up, but all I got was the 2 fast 2 furious attitude snarl.

Was it something I said????

14. Barnone 308

Mar 22, 2004
    canada

Hahahahah,,

My horse I seen that lambo in front of brewsters one night. I tell ya, some people have no class. My horse I read your profile and looked at some of your posts. Its funny me and you thought a like. First ferrari before 30, I just got mine a few months back. I bought it 2 months before my 30th.

15. Barnone 308

Mar 22, 2004
    canada
    On going list of our edmonton get together

Fabrizio 78 308 GTS
    Jim 88 328 gtsi
    My horse 88 T/R
    Glen, Hopefully he can make it, I will have a beer waiting for you at my house, that or wine, your choice.

Not bad for edmonton I guess. Lets see how many more we can add to this list. I will keep everyone updated..

16. mclarenxj220

mclarenxj220 Karting

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    i know the address of the guy wit the F355, and my friend who lives in Whitemud Hills says that there is an old guy who lives in a condo that has a lambo countach...we could try to get those owners invloved...

wut bout S2000s? I know a couple owners...i've also seen a silver and black Z8, anyone know who owns those? i mite be able to get the guy wit the silver SRT Viper interested, no promises.....

the Calgary Murci is in Edmonton now? Mike said that he saw a yellow one heading towards edmonton from calgary, but i didn't know it was gonna stay here? anyone seen it yet?

17. Myhorse

Myhorse Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    the yellow murci is in edmonton. It is owned by a famous restaurant dude.

There are a couple of other TR guys that I kinda know. I will see if I could get them hooked in. May be difficult, because with my car in calgary, everybody goes " Sure....you have a Ferrari. And can I see this (imaginary) Ferrari. Oh you must mean Fiero, or Festiva."

Anyway, you get the idea.

We should maybe consider a Lake trip or something like that.
    Check out the UTAH ferrari owners club site ( link from Ferrarisales.com )
    and the do some great scenery drives/ overnights.

I volunteer to videotape!!!

Suffering from redhead withdrawal,
    myhorse.

PS My wife wants to know if she can bring her TT???

18. mclarenxj220

mclarenxj220 Karting

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    any updates? does anyone kno which community the murcielago is in?

19. Myhorse

Myhorse Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Beverly / cromdale area

20. mclarenxj220

mclarenxj220 Karting

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    man this idea seems ...no new posts for a while now....c'mon, i don't want this brilliant idea to just die! brainstorm!

21. Myhorse

Myhorse Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    LAtest word from sandro...
    My car is Alive!!!!!
    The fuel accumulator is bad leaking gas and introducing air into the fuel system. He swapped it with and older one and voila!!!my car is alive again.

The new part should hopefully be here Sat or Mon . I plan to pick it up Thurs.
    That makes me free next weekend!!!!

This may work as this w/e looks pretty crappy.

Keep my posted

22. Barenone 308

Barenone 308 Rookie

Jan 10, 2004
    My horse let me know when it arrives

Barnone

23. Myhorse

Myhorse Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Myhorse is ready to go!!!!!

Why not this weekend?????

24. mclarenxj220

mclarenxj220 Karting

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton, Canada
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    so this weekend? where?

25. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

#25 Kds, Aug 30, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    As it's now Monday AM, Sept. 30.....are we talking about the long weekend....Sept. 4-6 ?

If so, I'll be in Edmonton on business calling on dealers and would like to attend as well. I have a twelve cylinder two door car......if that counts.....heh.......and am looking for a TR for myself.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login