Roland's LM passed by a Lotus knockoff? - say it ain't so! | FerrariChat

Roland's LM passed by a Lotus knockoff? - say it ain't so!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by juanito308, Aug 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. juanito308

juanito308 Karting

Mar 7, 2003
    Littleton, Colorado
    Full Name:
    John
    Hi Roland

Just got a tidbit form a very reliable source and good friend that a Caterham from Boulder blew away an F40 LM recently at PPIR. This particular source cites an onboard video that was made from the Caterham. He is producing a copy for me as some sort of proof. I told him in no uncertain terms that some lousy Lotus knockoff could in no way have overtaken a mighty LM! I proposed that the LM driver was merely cooling down after a hard run. Besides, when was the last time anything British-related competed with Scuderia Ferrari??

Would love to hear another perspective.

2. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Roland is a slow old man who's lazy behind the wheel, n'est pas? :D

--Dan

3. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Let me tell you that a replica Lotus Seven is hell on wheels on a "slow" track..In the infield, nothing can stay with them, anmazing machines !!!
    Bring them on a fast track, it's an other story but $30K+, you can have some fun car to play with the big boys.
    Roland
    F40LM

4. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    You're right Dan, that's what you get when I'm forced to do Charity laps when it's my snooz time...
    Roland
    F40LM

5. JTB

JTB Rookie

Apr 27, 2004
    Is this the video that was referred to?

Video

6. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Uh, I wouldn't say that either of them was driving even 9/10ths in that clip.

Not a criticism at all, mind. Just an observation.

7. juanito308

juanito308 Karting

Mar 7, 2003
    Littleton, Colorado
    Full Name:
    John
    Haven’t got the video yet but based on the description my buddy gave, I believe so. Mean green machine! Please note that all previous commentary is solely based on the forum on which it is posted. My friend gave me a ride today in his “de-tuned” demonstrator model. Great ride with the carbs popping and riding about three inches from the ground. The skinny Avon tires gripped like no tomorrow. I lost count how many people asked us for Grey Poupon though….

p.s. Hal says hi.

8. johnnyferrari

johnnyferrari Karting

May 26, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    John Moore
    Roland:

Based upon this video clip, Mr. Tim passed on the end of the front straight - the fastest part of the circuit.

I think we have some formidable competition from Mr. Tim in his "Green Machine". If I can keep up with him in August I will post the video from my in car camera. If I can't then I will burn the evidence.

John

P.S. Tim, You are coming Aug 28 & 29 aren't you?

9. Rennphile

Rennphile Rookie

Nov 24, 2003
    Colorado
    Roland,

I think you're absolutely right. On a fast track I would be a speck in your rear view mirror!

Tim

10. Rennphile

Rennphile Rookie

Nov 24, 2003
    Colorado
    John,

I'm a "definite maybe" for Aug 28 & 29. My wife and I just had a baby girl on Aug 1 so I'm up to my elbows in you know what. But the last event in May was a lot of fun so I'm going to make every effort to be there!

Tim

11. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Howdy Tim, first congrats for the new baby, a futur track fan we hope.
    We sure hope to see you end of the month, Johnny and I will understand why you might not make it..Baby vs track time .. a tuff one to pick ! LOL
    Of course, you might avoid the risk of being challenged by our red demons ???
    Just a question !!! hehehehe !!!
    Anyway, you're fun to be with on a track and we always enjoy having a fast driver with us, you're more than welcome to "chase" us..
    Take care
    Roland
    F40LM

12. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Tim,
    Congrats on your second. Since I'll be joining you in fatherhood in the near future so I am not too anxious to hear about your adventures. I'd rather not know what I'm in for.

13. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    this could be a new "diaper team" !! Congrats to both of you, we need more support at the track, bring the babies like Todd does..
    Take care
    Roland
    F40LM

14. davehelms

davehelms F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Helms
    The Argo ran again on Friday afternoon. Maybe that will be there as a rolling chichane.
    Dave

15. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Good to hear that teArgo is running,. I would love to see the car I raced in the past, being on the track with us. We could always use more "exotic "
    take care
    Roland
    F40LM

16. Brigitte

Brigitte Guest

Jan 16, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Brigitte
    I'm rolling on the floor, hahaha he-larious!!! Johnny don't post funny stuff this early in the day. I'm worn out now. hahaha

Thanks

17. Oneday

Oneday Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Colorado
    Tim, Congrats on the new addition to the family! Nice driving as well!

Brian

18. Rennphile

Rennphile Rookie

Nov 24, 2003
    Colorado
    Looks like I am going to be able to make it this Saturday. Everybody pray for good weather!

19. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Look forward to see you and the green monster...I hope for good weather since I have to drive a Indy car...
    See you Saturday\
    Roland
    F40LM

20. johnnyferrari

johnnyferrari Karting

May 26, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    John Moore
    Alright Tim that’s great!

Hey Roland, what is this... "I have to drive an Indy car". I get to drive one Saturday too and I think it should be stated that we are lucky to have some nice Indy car owners let us drive a couple of their cars this weekend.

Thank you Bailey, Greg and Dave for this great chance. I hope I don't hit anything!

John