Lost my g/f. Very sad right now. | FerrariChat

Lost my g/f. Very sad right now.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by F355guy, Aug 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
    Here’s the story, my g/f and I just broke up. We have been together for almost 5 years. The reason why we broke up is because I always get moody having disturbed face but not talk about it and I tend to take things out on her when she doesn't even know what’s going on. The reason why I do that is because sometimes she does some annoying things and I get upset over them and don't tell her why. So this has been going on and off recently and before. So finally she had too much and called it off. I am very heartbroken. I wish I could take all those bad things I did back but now its too late. I don't know what else to do. I guess I should have talked to her about the problems so they wouldn't get out of hand. Well I really regret that now. I still love her and want to work things out. But things do not look good for me right now. I tried one attempt and it doesn't look very promising. Maybe I should just slow down a bit and see how things go but the problem is I want to know now because it’s killing me inside. I don't know what else to do. This is a big lost to me. I don't even care about getting a 355 in the future anymore. I feel things will never be the same now that I lost her. Losing her is like losing everything to me. I really love her. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this, I had no one to talk to at the moment and I couldn't sleep so I decide to post it.

John

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Copy/Paste what you've written and e-mail it to her and/or send her a link to this page. You did not create this topic to "manipulate" her into doing so -

I suggested it.

That's not manipulation - that's a chance for her to see you're seeing yourself as she saw you when she threw the cards on the table.

3. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    tom/wax has some very valid points. take the time to point out what you feel.

Life is a lesson. Learn. And learn to love.

R

4. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
    Tom,

I try doing that. I told her in person, wrote it in the email, told her over the phone. I'm not sure if she will ever take me back.

Also my best friend tells me if you really love her, you will keep trying and do whatever it takes. I don't know what else to do but I hope I don't do anything else stupid. Knock on wood.

5. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Sorry to hear the news!

I also agree that you should practice better communication skills, but first off take a time out and re-group. Put your thoughts together! Write them down while they are fresh and review them in the morning.

You have just experienced an emotional train wreck! Stay away from the Bottle! Loosing control is what you want to avoid right now. Hop on the treadmill or hit the gym and work off all that frustration.

Report back to us in the morning with your progress!

PD

6. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    Hi i think you need cheering up the only i know to do that is to go to speedy308 and zupras cafe post its so fast and busy you will not have time to think about the ex

7. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    LOL Zupra better be sleeping right now. Someone order this man an expresso!

8. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Sleep over it man, sleep solves everything! The solution will present itself in the morning.

9. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Sorry to hear that. Best thing you can do right now is back away from the situation. Trying to get her back right now may backfire. In my experience if you give women distance and time they tend to remember more of the good than the bad. This works in your favor.

10. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Here Drink this and call me in the morning!

PD

11. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler

BWAAHAHAHAHHA! :)

12. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    That's the truth!!!!

John, Sorry to read your story. You've got friends at Fchat.....

Look, I don't know your situation or what is best for you, but I got to tell you, you've done a good job self reflecting. If you recognize you have some issues you need to deal with, why don't you talk to someone about them? I'm not a big advocate of therapists, but in your case, where you have a good handle on the problem, someone maybe able to help you solve it. On the plus side, I don't know any girl worth anything, that won't see it as a huge step in trying to work on your relationship. I wish you the best with it / her. You need to work on this, as it will probably be an issue with any girl you are with.........

13. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief
    The same thing happened to me last fall... I was also devestated too, but ya know what I learned? Even if it doesn't work out, things WILL get better and you WILL meet other women, even one you may love more than your g/f. Look at the advantages if it doesn't work out, you get to go out there and hit on everything in sight (when your ready of course).... time to step up and be a 'man-whore'... trust me you'll have fun!
    Cheers!

14. gentry

gentry Guest

I feel you man. This has been a bad week for me and my former S.O.

I definately feel your pain.

15. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    Sorry to hear that.
    Been there...it ain't fun.

16. infraredline

infraredline Formula 3

Mar 15, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    John
    This is probably the best advice you can take right now (that and hitting the gym or canyon roads or whatever you like to do that takes concentration). Remember that right now she is probably feeling a little smothered and doesn't want to feel responsible for the pain you are going through. That's not a turn-on in anyone's book.

She will respect you more, and open opportunities for you to earn her back if you don't hang on as hard as you want to. She knows how you feel, now show her you don't NEED her back ... that you love her and WANT her back. Once you do this, conversations will come easier and neither one of you will feel as much pressure to force it to work - which it sounds like is what broke down the communication in the first place. Relationships are like bizarro-world because when it comes to sex (and everything we add onto that), humans are just animals and some things cannot be thought out logically. I wish you the best bro.

17. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Sheesh, I wish I could lose mine sometimes.

Anybody interested in marrying a hot sexy tempermental latin chick ?

18. gentry

gentry Guest

*raises his hand*

19. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    LOL! If she's getting on your nerves, William, it's your past karma. She's just giving back what you gave her before! :)

20. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    *Raises both hands and in one hand is the flag of Puerto Rico and Cuba*

21. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    can you try before you buy

22. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Must be a moon phase....

Lady Valeria came off unwound on me also....

Head to the Cafe boys...I'm buying.......

23. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Moon phase + Friday 13 = snafu :rolleyes:

24. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
    Thanks for your help/advice guys I appreciate it. There were some things I don't know and some things that are needed to be reminded again. Sharing my pain on the forum helped a lot. I will give it some more time and try not to think about the bad memories. I'm going to try to start focusing on how to be a better b/f and also a better person. Then I'll see how it goes from there.

Btw, I feel worried that she talks to her friends who happen to be girls and sometimes I think they make things worst for our relationship because they have not heard my side of the story. Anyone ever think that?

John

25. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I'll tell you true, my first wife's constant complaining along with the other nighbors in those "sessions" helped end our marraige, and two of the three have gone the same way...

Be the best you can and don't worry about it...but sharing your innermost feelings in a tactful way is the only way to avoid the pressure uild up leading to the "getyourgodamnstockings off the showercurtainrod andquitsnoringsoloud yourattle thewalls and howcomeyourunderweardoesntmatchlikethevictoriassecretcataolga nddontyoulovemeanymoreyoudontaskforthekinkystufflikeyoudidonthefirstdate explosion later on.....;)