GENERAL MESSAGE TO UK MEMBERS---------------------- | FerrariChat

GENERAL MESSAGE TO UK MEMBERS----------------------

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Aug 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    GUYS,
    Let's start posting some relevant topics. A couple of previous threads have offended some members and things need to calm down.
    Ta.

2. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Have you seen this months top gear, 360CS vs ford GT vs carrera RS.

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Just closed a load of threads that weren't really about anything. If anyone's upset, pls PM me to discuss.

4. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Cheers Tony,

I enjoy a bit of banter as much as the next man, but things are getting a bit silly, and good topics are getting debased. We know who the culprits generally are.

Surely people can keep the silly chat in the off-topic zones?

Robert.

5. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I think you did the right thing Tony.
    I may not be a regular contributor to the UK section but it was always one of the better section on Fchat IMO, decent content and some good natured banter. Whats been going on the last few months is nothing short of trolling...(ohh dear, I sound like my dad :) )

Cheers
    Simon

6. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Tony

I have avoided participating in the forum for several weeks now and I agree that the non Ferrari related threads has reached a level that is simply ridiculous. The genuine threads simply get lost in the mix and at one stage this morning I counted 10 open threads on the same 2 characters that we are all familiar with.

I am up for some humour and have certainly got involved in the odd flame war but we need to bring back a balance that reflects what the intent of the forum is actually about.

No doubt my comments will be spell checked, grammatically corrected and criticised by at least one of the proponents of many irrelevant threads but I have stated on a number of occasions that there are people on this forum who have a different agenda to most of us who want to see the UK F-Chat forum grow from strength to strength

Regards
    James

7. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Thanks Tony,

If Steve F and Graham behaved in the same manner at FOC events they would soon be thrown out on their TR's.

James, couldn’t agree more about hidden agendas and motives, but then again I still think it was more than one gunman who shot JFK

8. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Good call Tonyh, it was getting fairly ridiculous.

9. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Nice one Tony

I echo James's comments and hope to see some of the past members returning

10. Steve_nero

Steve_nero Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Steve
    My thoughts on the UK section for the past month or so have generally been bad. The place has just been full of rubbish. In my opinion there is one person who has caused all this trouble and he will probably continue to do so.

I would like to see him banned or at least given a month suspension.

If we are not careful the good people will go elsewhere and Fchat will loose the wealth of knowledge they provide. I might not say much on here but I've been around two years and have read a hell of a lot. These last few weeks of posts on the UK section have been some of the most meaningless.

If someone like noony can add value to the forum in a mature and intelligent way, why can't our older/wiser "I now everything about everything" members do the same.

Lets get on with it.

11. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    I have not been paying much attention to the Uk forum. Has some one upset the UK forums CLICK??....

12. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    I agree with out illustrious Toeknee Hopskins (aaaaaaargghhh, it's infectious), it has been a bit silly lately, and I hold my hand up as I have been feeding the trolls myself.

I agree that we should reign in the madness, but that madness is fun. It is a shame that the Off topic thread has been unstickeyed, because we could try to containise the lunacity there, as some of us enjoyifcate the outletism.

So I suggest that we resticky the UK Off Topic thread, and if those of us with a modicum of restraint (my own recent insomniac ramblings aside) could try not to rise to the batings of the known miscreants in any thread other than OT, I'm sure they will soon grow bored. And if they don't, we can always put 'em on out ignore lists.

BTW, is it this kind of bollox that drove Wazza away.....?

13. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    The advantages of a Bonkers thread...one place where all the sh1te is contained...cos lets face it most of us are full of it :)

14. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Well said (or written!) whatever. I am up for a joke with everyone else, except when it undermines the staus of this forum. Keep it light, keep it less personal (referring to certain f-chatters only) and lets get on and enjoy the experience of these machines and share it! I'm off for a spin............

15. BlueMaranello

BlueMaranello Karting

May 29, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Good call Tony.

Steve

16. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    THANK YOU!

17. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan

Thanks Steve but recently I have also got very carried away with the 512 tea are and steve f malarkey. Maybe it will get back to normal now.

18. Robbo

Robbo Karting

Feb 16, 2004
    Only joined in Feb, paid my subs and looked forward to some interesting discussion/ info etc....looked great for a while and then along game the 21st centuries answer to Dr Johnson with one or two other characters and...nightmare. Infantile pseudo intellectual one-upmanship ensued. I agree, banters fine, but this ...

19. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    I agreee stig, with most of your above comment.
    It was obvious the way things were going, hence the attempt to suggest an "Off Topic Thread".
    Tony came up with the goods, but unfortunately it hasn't worked out. We have not managed our off topic thread half as good as the "Bonkers" thread is looked after, by our euro brethren.
    What I had "half in mind" was a separate section altogether, maybe United Kingdom (or Europe) Off Topic.
    The section could contain all the non ferrari related banter which it seems, most of us enjoy, and, therefore be all kept within separate threads/subjects.
    The current (USA dominated) off topic section is too far down the page for folks to bother, and no offence intended to our colleagues across the water, but our relevant senses of humour do differ.
    If you consider the activity per head of population, or even square geographical mile, the UK section is possibly the most busy/active.
    Perhaps a UK Off Topic could be offerred a trial period, along with instructions on how to activate the "Ignore Individual" facility.
    The backbone UK, Ferrari related isues would therafter be under one umbrella, and the kindergarten stuff (of which we are all guilty) may be segregated, and subsequently ignored by those who choose.
    We may even attract some of our lost souls back to the forum.
    Apologies if I am talking shyte again.
    cheers, d
    ps.....donington next month should be good, and the first opportunity for north to meet south......if numbers permit, we should maybe organise an Fchat "thingy".

20. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    listen carefully to what the wise old man from the mountains said once upon a time in the silliest thread ever in the UK section:
    http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134272908&postcount=173
    :D
    why is he wise? see his profession in his profile.

to make the OT thread more attractive, you could rename it to the "Comrade" thread....:D

21. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    The profession listed should start with a Capital "H"...

22. Garyh

Garyh Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Good move Tony ! Stig is right - need a place for those inclined to be able to rant but keep it off the real threads.

23. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    nitpicker :)

24. Boxer 512

Boxer 512 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 5, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Seb King
    Thanks Tony,

I have had to find solice in other and far more informative forums, I hope we can recover the integrity of the UK Forum ?

Seb

25. 512Tea Are

512Tea Are F1 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    Poor little might.

Spell Check!

'Solace' is spelt thus!