Need Help!!! Pchop mobile is totalled!!!!!!!! | FerrariChat

Need Help!!! Pchop mobile is totalled!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by pchop, Aug 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    Well, tonight has just been a sh!tty night! I'll skip the other "less interesting" events of the night and jump right to what happened:

I left my car at a garage on 32nd and Broadway to meet up with Hubert for a drink. When I got back to the garage, there were two police officers approaching me. My first reaction was "holy crap, what did I do now". They asked me if I'm the owner of the Ferrari, and I replied "yes". They told that there was an accident. One of the attendent drove my car into the wall. I asked "how bad and if I should go down to see my car", they replied "bad" and "no, you don't want to see it cause we don't want to see you cry"...

Well, my car is 1 of the 20 in the world in that color and I need some advice as to if I need an attorney and what I should do next to get the max value.

P.S. - I'm attaching a link to the video I shot at the garage...please be warned that the video if not for those with a weak heart.

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com//share.jsp?invite=2EP24VP0Y5UH25pa7orh&shareName=Video

2. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    ahhhhhhh ****! i am giving u a ring right now.

3. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    that sucks! call me back after you talk to chris

4. DancingDonkey

DancingDonkey Karting
    BANNED

May 16, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Ouch! I am truly feeling for oyu. My dad Doug might be able to help you out. Drop me a line man and we'll talk. You may not know my scrreen name with my face, but I'm Noah and Robs good friend Danny. 917.545.0645 and I'll talk to my father and if you need help I'm sure he will. Try to get some sleep...

5. Acura Nsx Pilot

Acura Nsx Pilot Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    NyC
    Full Name:
    Bailey
    Do you really think this was an accident or a attendant joy riding ?

6. udalmia

udalmia Guest

just got off the phone with john

i cant even begin to imagine what john is going through right now.. i would probably be running a 3932423 blood pressure if i was him

kudos to you for keeping your cool john, this is a real horror story, the car running into a wall with full acceleration, i dont even know what to say

if there is ANYTHING absolutely anything we can do to help please let me know..

im very glad after talking to you that youre taking this as well as you are, really respect and admire you for that

good luck and keep us updated and im gonna be your fellow shotgun man for a while and after that youre riding shotgun with me!

7. DancingDonkey

DancingDonkey Karting
    BANNED

May 16, 2004
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Most certainly a joy ride. An accident would have been someone slipping off the clutch by mistake and lurching the car forward into the wall infront of it. But to have that much damage the gas peddle needs to be pushed. And no airbags........no brakes. But I wasn't there so who am I to say. I will say this though, this will most certainly not end here. This should be sent in to 7 on your side or something. The more bad publicity the parking garage gets the quicker they will want to settle. And hopefully, John, they will want to settle this out of court quickly!

8. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti

Get them john, sorry to hear about it, 150 is a good round #, just get it sorted out quick

9. arnaget

arnaget Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    Jason
    sorry to hear about your loss. good luck, and i hope the attendant gets what he deserves.. a very angering and frustrating story, to say the least..

10. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I am sorry to hear that, hope you the best. I can only imagine the physiologically damage and stress you must be going through....

11. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    John,

Sorry about your ride......... you have just convinced me to never valet the car.

I see a 360 spider in your future. No?

12. young-nyc

young-nyc Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bayside, NY
    Full Name:
    Young Kim
    wholly sh-t!!!
    i'm sorry man...
    this is one of my worst nightmares...

13. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Keep accurate, complete records of any and all communications regarding this. Have a notepad & pen exclusively for this purpose.

I wish you well in recuperating (from) your loss.

14. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    What the hell? I can not believe this happened to you. That is just wrong! Bro, fight for every penny! They should not and will not get away with that.

15. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks to all of you for your support, phone calls and kind words. I will keep you updated as this sage progress.

(as you can see, I can't sleep...wonder if I can sue them for insomnia)

16. Schultzois

Schultzois Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    unbelievable - i certainly feel for you. i really like that color, too - didn't realize just how rare it is.

not sure what advice i could possibly give - sounds like you're handling it much better than i likely would.

this may be a little naive, but if you are well insured (and particularly if you have an agreed-value policy) then it's your insurers job to give your full agreed value, and up to them to get everything they can out of the responsible party. In general they should be better at doing that than you would anyway. the challenge there of course will be that unless it's truly "totalled" they'll only want to cover fixing it, and if damage was considerable, well, we all know that's not good enough.

hope this works out alright for you - certainly sorry to see such an awful thing happen to such a great guy.

17. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    John I'm am really sorry, thats a heart wrenching story. You have one of the nicest F cars I have ever seen, anything we can do for you just ask.-MICHAEL

18. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    I can't believe what I am reading... John, I am really sorry to hear about this. I couldn't get the video to run, but I'm taking from the other posts that it is totalled. I think Jeff is right about your insurance company handling it and their attorneys going after the garage... but there should be something for pain and suffering. Try to be positive about this... maybe you can turn this into an Enzo! (weak attempt at trying to cheer you up)

19. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    John --

This #%!^ING SUCKS!!!!!! And I wasn't even near the car.....;)

But seriously...this pains my heart.

Do me a favor: As others suggested -- go after these guys HARD, and don't make compromises. Don't just settle for a repair -- you need to be compensated for diminished value, if not for a total loss.

Also remember that you should discuss the claim with your own insurance company too -- they may be able to act on your behalf to get reimbursed by the garage (without penalizing you or raising your premiums, because this wasn't your fault).

Keep us posted......

nlh

20. THonda

THonda Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    TH
    damn that sucks! but look on the bright side, by the time you are done w/ these nitwits you can probably get a 360 spider

21. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I haven't seen the pictures yet. I'm just about too.
    But to have this sh@t happen to such a nice guy and to such a gorgeous car is unthinkable. If the attendant was screwing off, it's time to draw and quarter him like in the old westerns.

John, I feel for you.
    And you can certainly ride shotgun with me anytime, anywhere.

22. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    The horror.......the horror of it all.......

23. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    you have a pm

24. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    I just woke up and turned on the computer to see this. Man, what can I say...just think positive and do whatever you can to take advantage of this situation. I know that is a tough thing to think about, but keep your cool, get representation, speak with your insurance company and ask as many questions as you would like to me or the rest of the EC crew. Keep your cool tone and just as the situation with Jon C. sucked (not as bad obviously), in the end everything turned out OK. Keep us posted bro...and by the way, about a year ago a garage on 56th St did over $4k in damage to one of my Audis, so I know where you are right now.

E

25. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    John, i am realy sorry to hear what happened to your car. believe me when i tell you that i now what you are feeling. from the looks of it i don't think he hit a wall head on. look at the point of impact and the damage. I know who does all the body work for FLI let me know if you want the info.
    Don't worry it could have been worst. you could have been in the car for all you know. what the hell you can drive my stradale next week when it gets here!