Coco Chinetti | FerrariChat

Coco Chinetti

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by snj5, Aug 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Am copy posting from another thread, but is Coco Chinetti the same person as Luigi Chinetti, Jr?
    Many thanks
    rt

2. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    I am not 100% positive, but I believe Coco is Luigi Chinetti's son.

3. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    Yes. Coco is his nickname. He's interviewed in the current Sports Car Market. Oh, to have his life!

4. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    just to be clear, Luigi "Coco" Chinetti, Jr. is the son of Luigi Chinetti, Sr.

At the '97 FCA National, I got to hear Coco tell stories about being a kid at the 1949 LeMans when his dad won for Ferrari, driving about 23 of the 24 hours.

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

The same mag that calls FerrariChat.com a Must go to for anyone serious about Ferraris.

Kudos to Rob for that.

Sorry about the thread theft.

6. CTEV2

CTEV2 Karting

Feb 4, 2004
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    Charlie Thomas
    Where does Coco reside?

7. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Canada, according to a recent thread. Could be wrong but that's what I saw.

8. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

for years coco lived in cos cob , ct. cos cob is a small town in greenwich,ct.

i used to see coco blasting down cat rock rd in his daytona...good memories!!

pcb

9. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    According a letter from him, published in the latest issue of Forza magazine, he resides in Hull, Quebec.

10. gil308

gil308 Formula 3

Jun 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Gil
    He does in fact reside in Canada. He owns a house in Stuart, FL which is currently for sale...$299,999....needs a bit of work though. Beautiful community, but the homeowners association dues are $350.00 per month...that put me out of that market...house even has a N.A.R.T. Sticker in the front window.

11. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Hmmm, doesn't Ray Jones live in Stuart, FL? :)

12. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    That's right, and he's even a member of Vintage Euprean Auto club, up here in Montreal. He's quite a character...or as the french would say: ''un bon vivant.''

13. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    WOW, that is very interesting to know that he is in Canada. Cool! Last I saw him was at the Concours D'Elegance at Meadowbrook 2004 a couple of weeks ago.

Say cheese!

14. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    I think he's going to have a good chuckle when I tell him about this thread.

15. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

tell him about the thread and ask him if he remembers about 25 years ago in greenwich, when the kids came to his door on halloween to trick or treat. he had no candy for us but when we saw the ferraris, it was all we needed to forget the candy!! he gave us the tour and was very impressed when the kids knew so much about nart,.

as a note: in the garage was a fresh daytona michelotti spyder, his rosso rubino daytona coupe, and oh yeah...a 512 lm that i remember was sitting on its' trailer wheels.

i will never forget that night and as you can see am still talking about!!!

thanks for the memories.

peter

16. jpl

jpl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Yulee Florida
    Full Name:
    JP Lavigne
    #16 jpl, Aug 18, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Back in June at the Ferrari Parade in Ottawa and in Hull. We spent a few days together talking all things Italian and Ferrari. He lives just a few minutes away (about 30 minutes) across the river, great guy with an interesting take on all things Ferrari.

This is myself, Luigi and his wife at the Italian Ambassadors residence in Hull.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login