355 Euro Version | FerrariChat

355 Euro Version

Discussion in '348/355' started by spyderman33, Aug 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spyderman33

spyderman33 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    MIA/ATL
    Full Name:
    Julian
    They are selling a 355 and it states Euro version..

It's selling at an agressive price but I am not sure what the drawbacks are on a car like this..

http://www.dupontregistry.com/search/srDetails.asp?itemid=174993&sessionkey={2900C954-3E66-435C-BBA4-08D0AC372AE5}

2. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Don't know about the car, but the seller is to be avoided. He has done jail time for cheating people.

3. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Euro cars will demand less money - that's just the way it is..no real reason.

When I was looking for my car a few years back I was told if it's euro expect at least a $10K price reduction.

The difference? Not much. Turn signals are white instead of yellow, side markers and some very minor changes to brake and exhaust system....it's not like in the old days with the grey market where you would have to do an entire DOT/EPA conversion.

Also - if the car was new and under warranty a US dealer could refuse to work on the car under warranty..but not the issue here.

I tell you what was told to me. Depends on your exit strategy. If you plan to sell the car, know that it will bring less. If you plan on keeping the car take advantage of the price and don't let it factor into your buying decision.

I'm in Ft Laud...if you have any 355 questions send me a PM.

Rgds
    Frank

4. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Agreed. He has another car listed there as well.. a yellow 355GTS. He has it listed for $85k, even though the car is at a dealership in NY for $72k. Not sure why he keeps trying... He had an ad at one point that claimed he had a 355s at $115k, but the car was actually in Martin's garage, who was only asking $95k. This guy is a nut and should be avoided. He's on Fchat but I can't remember his name.. he has a number of assinine posts floating around though, where you can see just how crazy he is...

-R

5. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Yeah, this car is probly selling somewhere else for $40,000...hes just trying to make some money on the side...step away from the 355...

6. spyderman33

spyderman33 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    MIA/ATL
    Full Name:
    Julian
    got it.. If it's too good to be true, it probably is..

Thanks everybody for watching out..

7. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Sad part is he probably finds enough people each year to prey on that he makes a living from being dishonest. Amazing $13k mark up on a car that is not even in his possession. Actually, its not amazing, its disgusting!!