Anyone Game for a Drive on Sunday (8/15)? | FerrariChat

Anyone Game for a Drive on Sunday (8/15)?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Dave Bendl, Aug 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Yes, the Hungarian Grand Prix is this Sunday, but this weekend is shaping up for great driving weather. The 512BBi is itching to come out & play.

I was thing of driving to Fox Lake on Sunday & stop at Freddies for some shrimp & drink & watch the intoxicated boater's ram their boats into one another from their huge outdoor deck. Makes for great entertainment.

Anyone interested ?

Dave

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,that does sound good to me...I usually watch the race early,anyway. Or,later at night.

Where would you like to meet up,and what time? I am itchin' to see that Boxer!!! :)

Would we be cruising up Route 12? Or...?

3. I sent you both a PM

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I can't make it, but hope Dave takes a camera along.

5. Dave Bendl

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Lets meet at 11:30 AM tomorrow at the northbound I-94 Tristate tollway Oasis. This is the same spot we met for the Wisconsin Drive in April. We can take the back roads to Fox Lake.

See you there,
    Dave

6. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    I may join you guys, i need a little meditation away from all that has been happening latey with me, i'll explain more later....

Post is there are any changes from Dave's times and place to meet above. I will plan on that....

Tod

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    That sounds great! Not too early....See you all there!!! :)

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    O.K. Got my Baby all nice and shiny. Gassed up. Tire pressure checked,and adjusted with my new "Radio Shack Talking tire pressure gauge". LETS GO!!! :) Looking forward to seeing everyone...and,how about some of you other guys that we haven't seen in awhile!!!

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Nice Drive. Even though we weren't able to find any Roads to really "Open it up". I Still enjoyed the Drive. Absolutely perfect day for a "Sunday Afternoon Drive..." Also,great to see everyone again! :)

I had to leave,but would really like to check out the Food at that place another time...Looked good...:)

10. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Tod-

I don't think you've 'explained' yet!

It was great seeing you today.

11. Here are the pics I took from today...

12. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Dave,

Your new ride looks beautiful. Congrats and all the best wishes and times with your new car. It seems like your crew had the most perfect day to go riding together.

I would have liked to have gone, but I am experiencing major car problems right now. Can't borrow a Ferrari, ( my Dad's in the shop, ) lent my H2 out to my sister for moving purposes, my Durango ( which by no means is exotic ) is filled with mogul parts which are related to work.

Looks like a fun little outing, hopefully I can make it to another similar one in the future.

RocketBoy

13. It was good finally meeting everyone. Let's make the next drive a little
    more spirited.

14. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thats it! Back into the Gym for me!!! (and out of the Restaraunts!!!! :( )

15. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    And,it was nice to finally meet you,too. I gotta tell you,that 355 really looks sweet going down the road. The front angle looks like it's just barely floating off of the ground...:)

16. Dave Bendl

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Thanks ! And yes it was a great day with picture perfect weather. I found out tonight that my ex wife was out on the lake in a boat, and nearly stopped in at Freddies. Close call, my day could have been really trashed.
    Dave