Official Monterey 2004 Write-up and Pics Thread... | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Official Monterey 2004 Write-up and Pics Thread...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Aug 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Friday did CI, most of the car pics have been posted, here are some of FC sponsor booths...

2. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    What a great weekend. Some of my favorite memories :

1) Seeing Ralph D. (He doesn't post much) win the best Lamborghini of the Italian Concourse with his 1974 Red/Ivory Countach. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
    2) Meeting Rob Lay. :)
    3) Seeing Lou S. - What a great guy.
    4) Finally meeting Carbon! Look forward to him visiting my house this week & doing some go-kart racing.
    5) Spending time with my wife & Rick D. - Just looking at cars. :)
    6) Meeting James G. & checking out his beautiful car.
    7) Jeffrey's Reproduction Porche Speedsteers.
    8) Ordering some Keith Collin's floor mats. Him and his son are both very nice guys.

3. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Sunday August 15, 2004 10:34PM PST

I just got home. Whew! What fun!

At Pebble Beach this morning after I parked the car in a very sweet location in the peak of the mess(secrets of Pebble Beach Concours parking by RacerXGTO) the first person I run into walking down into The Lodge was NNO!, Then, while walking with Henry Tran(HTRAN) we ran into this guy

(Henry Tran and the mystery guy, photographer - me)

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Friday night FC dinner. Thanks everyone for the FC dollar, I don't consider it mine, but I will be the "keeper". Thank you. Thanks Jordan, Darth, and the others that helped organize. This was the single largest gathering of FC users. How many total Jordan? I think getting up there close to a hundred people. It was user overload with the likes of Jim G., Wayne, Carbon, Art, Jordan, Darth, MarkPDX, Nika, Dr. Tax, Martin, and on and on all in one place!

5. pig4bill

pig4bill Karting

Dec 24, 2003
    Wayne from Pelican Parts was fairly thorough. Check his "1400 pics" thread. I didn't post many of the pics I took because I figured they would just be a duplication.

6. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Wow, those pics are amazing. Good to Jay Leno is a Ferrari fan. Keep 'em coming.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    After FC dinner we hit Chart House again and then Lollapalooza downtown Monterey. "Oh What a Night!".

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Saturday was Monterey Historics, I think one of my favorite events so far besides the FC dinner. You have all the cars to view in the pits, watching and hearing at speed racing door to door, and then some of the best booths to browse. Crazy to see 17 GTO's racing HARD!!!

9. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

What the heck, here's Jim G testing out the feel of his new to him, 1947 Ferrari 166 Spider Corsa, Sports Racing car, chassis No. 002-C, Engine No. 002-C. The first customer delivered Ferrari. Just bought at the Christie's Auction for a mere $700K....

Another is a shot of Paul Moyer(LA's Channel 4 Anchor) detailing his stunning 275 GTB. Hey Paul, you missed a spot there :)

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Today was Pebble Beach. I enjoyed it, just more hangin around pretty cars. More crowded than I thought, but great celebrity spotting.

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Tonight started the FCA stuff, registered and had the reception. Finally got some good time with Jim G. and Sal. Great and interesting stories!

On Laguna Seca tomorrow!!!

12. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I was planning to post each days pictures at the end of each day... but there's soooo many pictures (1000+) to sort through and so little time... days really packed full...

The Concorso was overwhelming... sooo many Ferraris... 500+... one of the largest Ferrari events ever.

But then the Historics, with just a small fraction of the Ferraris, was possibly even more photo-inspiring... seeing the machines in action on the track and then checking them out up close in the paddock... watching their owners working diligently on them to get them ready for the afternoon races... quite fun. And there were several other special treats at the Historics, like seeing Napolis' beautiful 330 P4... WOW!

Then there was the Pebble Beach Concours... even fewer Ferraris, but the ones that were there were spectacular. The three-seater... the Le Mans winners... and I think my favorite, a 250LM that was built as street car. Of course there were also some amazing one-of-a-kind non-Ferraris as well... like a 3-seater arrangement in a pre-war car with an airplane engine in the back.

And that's not to mention the constant sightings on the road... your senses are even bombared travelling to and from the events!

I know... I know... this post is worthless without pics... but I've got to go pack up my stuff... got to be at the track in few hours and I haven't gone to sleep yet!

Pics coming soon... but not today... thanks to all of those who are doing much better job than me at posting their pics... that way I don't feel quite so guilty! ;)

[ My pics are now available here. ]

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    No problem, what makes yours special? Because you took 1400? I know several that have taken 1000+. Think what a mess it would be if everyone had their own thread. I know you understand. Thanks.

14. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Ohhh! Ohhh! Speaking of Celebs ;) He's a great guy to talk to

Hint: Broken down Enzo in Manhattan

15. an032nv

an032nv Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2004
    Clovis, California
    Full Name:
    Chris Torosian
    LOL, that's my brother in the blue jacket to the back left. I have his (Roberts) poster from CAR magazine of the Enzo in Manhattan so I took a picture with him in front of the car to put with my poster. He was an extremely cool guy, very fun to talk to.

Some guy asked him what he did for a living and he explained it all, but I can't remember it now. All I think I remember is him saying he was involved with the insurance company AIG, but maybe I'm wrong, I can't remember exactly.

16. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Just got home. What a great time, except Dan was a real pain. I think I had a little too much fun and will schedule this weekend for sure next year. I'll make sure to bring the extra liver.

It was great meeting everybody for the first time and I look forward to the next. CI was fantastic and Glassman is seriously twisting my arm on the vintage thing...ouch! I think I added at least 10 cars to the must have list. Unfortunately I only took about four pictures.

The dinner was awesome. Made better by an appetizer of Henry's 246GTS at Redline. My first time in a Dino, and my first time looking between the fenders from the left hand seat. :) I'm pretty sure that's the biggest grin I've ever had plastered to my face. Thanks Henry!!!!!! Thanks to Jordan and Darth for organizing such a great event. Seems like almost everyone who signed up showed up. The after party was dramatic and a lot of fun.

Rich, You Da Man, I don't care what Dan says.

Darth, we'll make sure that the west coast party don't stop.

hanging out with the f-chat crew was amazing and everybody is as interesting and fun in real life as they are here. To all those who couldn't make it, I hope you come out next year for the second annual (I hope).

17. an032nv

an032nv Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2004
    Clovis, California
    Full Name:
    Chris Torosian
  18. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    What an amazing time!

I arrived late friday (3pm) and left early Sat morning (2am...)

The Ferrarichat dinner was amazing, this has the beginings of a beautiful tradition. Too many people to name, but how about Nika getting into the driver's seat of that Enzo? Too hot!

Drama at Chart House was picture perfect, I coudn't have scripted it any better. My hat is off to the rock star in our group who weathered the storm in style.

Vince, Dan, Dave, Michel, Rich, Faisal, Jennie, Rob and crew, you're a bunch of scallywags, I had the most terrible time, and I can't be seen in public with you ever again! No, seriously, let's go camping.

Pics to follow.

19. benjet

benjet Formula 3

Jan 14, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Lobenstein
    Here are a good number of us UN-REDS. Enjoy!

-Ben

20. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Amazing .....thanks to all.

If I'm not mistaken the young lad in the pic of Pierro, Luca and Pininfarina is Pierro's son............

Enzo Ferrari.

Thanks to all for taking the time to share.....

FFQC Cop Car profile logged into data banks...........;)

Congrats to Mr. G. on his "roll out", and the new addition to the stable, as well......:)

21. benjet

benjet Formula 3

Jan 14, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Lobenstein
  22. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Curious what the Abarth-bodied 166MM went for as well as some of the other featured cars. Thanks in advance!

KevFla

23. Zupra

Zupra F1 Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    St Louis
    Full Name:
    Chesney
    Nice pics!

24. 355pz

355pz Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    #174 355pz, Aug 16, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    If this works for me there should be an image of the Ferrari F1 car in half. A freind of mine pulled this off a Porsche web site. It said the photo was obviously taken right after the accident, before the car was covered. The driver was sure lucky to walk away.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    What a weekend! Exceeded my expectations by a lot. Car pics later, but here is some of the beautiful ladies present.