Alpine Signature Racing | FerrariChat

Alpine Signature Racing

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by dm_n_stuff, Aug 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I talked, at length with these guys at the Reading Concours. Just got their DVD, but I can't seem to get them to tell me how much this whole shebang might cost.

Does anyone here have $$$ information on this?

http://alpinesignature.com/

Dunno, but, I think I'd dump the golf membership for this in a New York Minute!!!

2. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Its in the middle of no where, but that back straight has my name written all over it.

3. bimmer32five

bimmer32five Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That looks cool...I wonder how much membership costs.

4. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Many many years ago I picked up a brochure for something similar to this from Dougherty Automotive (The Porsche guys) in West Chester. I always wondered if they ever put together and opened it, never heard anything about it. Back then, they were trying to open in an area closer to Philly International, about half an hour north somewhere.

Wonder if they'll get this done. Isn't there something similar in Texas? What are the fee's down there?

5. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

That deal collapsed under it's own weight. Too many investors, too heavily levereged. Ended up a $30MM plus project.

This one, according to the website is about $12MM, hopefully it will work out. I'd love to get into this one.

6. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Finally someone that knows more about it! I was digging through some old brochures a couple years ago and happened upon the one for the one that didn't happen. Always wondered what happened and when I asked around people didn't know a thing about it. I was starting to think it was just a figment of my imagination. Guess I'm sane!

7. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Can't vouch for your sanity.

Interestingly, my wife worked with the engineers on that job for a little while and pronounced them crazy.

Also, where they wanted to park it was getting very difficult to deal with. Sound, as always, plays a big part in these projects and when you piss people off from the start, as they did, the noise issue can become a deal breaker.

8. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Well two phone calls and three emails later and I got..............

Another DVD.

No call, no note, no nothing.

I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling.

9. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    what is on it?

10. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    LOL

Yeah, these projects always look good on paper, but realistically, they seem to have many many issues that never get worked out.

11. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    well, they got a picture of my car prominently displayed at Reading on the DVD . . .there's also a still of the Dinos; are you in there dm?

12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Red Dino on the end is mine. haven't seen the shot, so can't tell if I'm there or not.

Peeked at the DVD, but haven't played it all the way through.

Funny, when we talked with the "Money guys" and the engineers at Reading, they seemed very gung ho.

It would be too bad if it fell through.

Dave

13. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I spoke with that guy over a year ago. Someone had given him my name and thought Id be a likely investor. Heard the pitch, than said no thanks. Appears it is about as far along as it was back then.

14. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    You think you are gonna make it out to the Radnor hunt club show with the 360?

15. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Not much time lately, wife gave birth to preemie twins two weeks ago,either at the office, and the NICU or asleep these days. Have not even sat in the 360 since they were born.

16. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Got a call back finally.

Then I returned his call, told me he was in a meeting, and he'd get back to me.

Hmmm............. still waiting..........

Warm and fuzzy all over, yep, that's how I feel.

17. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Congrats, i hope everthing goes good with that. Ive seen you in it any way near Algar. Hope everything goes good with the kids.

18. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    still warm and fuzzy