E20 | FerrariChat

E20

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by iceburns288, Aug 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    The 60th of Ferrari comes up next year (I think) and the 20th of Enzo's passing comes up in 2008 (I think) so... if the Enzo is considered by many the F60, which it appears to be (just a little early) then an E20 model should be popping up in a year or two... hopefully we will see concepts. I am thinking MR V12 Berlinetta, lighter than the Enzo (somehow) and more powerful as well. What do you think? Should Ferrari make a supercar in the memory of Enzo Ferrari?

2. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    I would think the that the Enzo is a supercar in the memory of him.

3. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Well, true. But I am thinking as 2008/9 would probably be a pretty good time to release a new super car, 5/6 years after the Enzo like the 288 was 5/6 years before the F40 and the F50 was 6 years after the F40... so that's good already... I dunno.

4. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Wasn't the F40 a response to the 959? Yes it marked the 40th anniversary but wasn't it's objective to eclispe the statistics that were rumbling out of Germany's supercar? Ferrari and Enzo wanted to state to the world they had the greatest road car in the world? I also read somewhere that Enzo even toyed with the idea of naming the F40 a Dino. I don't think it had anything to do with waiting 4 to 5 years for each model. If that's the case how do you explain the 288 Evo?

RocketBoy

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    there wasnt an E10, why would there be an E20 ?

I think Ferrari should produce a supercar just for the sake of it.. no celebrations bs. There is a market for it , so when the Enzo is outdated , just launch a successor . No need to wait for the 60/xxth anniversary..

Just my 2 euros

6. dmeyer

dmeyer Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David Meyer
    Thank you, everyone is set on these aniversaries but the truth is any ferrari supercar at any time would sell. Also where did E20 come from....

7. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Not like amenasce...I hope they continue making the anniversary supercars. They did the F40 and F50 , so why should they stop the tradition? Thats why they should make a F60.

E20...20th of Enzo's passing comes up in 2008? They made the Enzo as a memory of the founder. I don't think they need to make a new supercar to remind us :)( ) that Enzo Ferrari passed 20 years ago.

8. detltu

detltu Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Full Name:
    David Taylor
    The 60th anniversary is in 2007. Just to point that out. I do think with the success of the Enzo they will have a F60 at least ready to go even if they decide not to make it.

9. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    The Enzo Ferrari was in memory of Enzo himself. The Enzo has nothing to do with the F40-F50 series, so logically the next supercar will probably be the F60 in 2006-2007.

David

10. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Rumour would have it that some people at the factory prefered to cal the F40 the "LM". The car was never meant to be celebrational, it was meant to push the pinnacle of supercars, pushing the 959 a side. Even the F50 was introduced in the wrong year to be a celebration of anything. The Enzo in itself is of course in honor of Il Commendatore, but it also fits nicely in Ferrari's todays labeling-policy, just as the 612 commemorates Scaglietti. I believe Ferrari is nowhere near interested in their history as their fans are.