Internet Fraud - sabrina_john@linuxmail.org | FerrariChat

Internet Fraud - [email protected]

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by LSU348, Aug 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Warning to all Fchatters. Some person going by [email protected] responded to my ferrariads.com ad for my rims. He claims to be from South America and was going to buy my rims. He messed up the price three times and wanted to send me a check for $4000 more then the cost of the rims. This is a common scheme. The check will "clear" your bank then bounce when it goes international. The perpertator gets you to give their agent the extra $4000 in cash and you lose the $4,000 and your merchandise. He messed up the price several times which leads me to believe he is running this scam so many times he can't remember all the deals.

Rob or other admin please make this one sticky for a while.

-Mike

PS: still have my rims for sale :)

2. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Forgot to mention the obvious in plain english, no I did not "sell" him/her/it my rims. I smelled a skunk after his/her/its first email.

Yes, reported it to the IFCC (FBI internet fraud - international)

3. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    thanks for posting this. maybe he and the " you dont know" con artist guy are related.

4. exoticalex

exoticalex Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Walnut Creek, Ca
    Full Name:
    Alex L
    This definatly sounds like the typical South African scam that has been going around lately. Watch out guys!

Thanks for the heads up

5. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Told me she/he is from east Brasil and wanted to buy the 328 owner's manual on FerrariAds.com I want to exchange for an owner's manual for Mondial. So I responded in Portugees, but after my message they coul'nt respond in Portugees ??? Brasilians who dont talk Portugees ??
    Still asking me in bad english to sell my item. I ask them full name, address and phonenumber...after that, no responses.
    So, if you want to sell an item, ask their name, address and phonenumber to verify if its real...
    Guido