Zymol | FerrariChat

Zymol

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by EK3R, Aug 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    OK, I am going to be treating my car to some Zymol products..... Autowash, HD Cleanse, Ital Glaze, Leather Cleaner and Treat Leather Conditioner...

Reading the instructions for the Ital glaze however, it instructs you to...

"Put a very small amount of the glaze into the palm of your hand. Use the warmth of your hands by rubbing them together, to melt the Carnauba. With your hands, gently apply the melted glaze in a light, even pattern over no more than 3 or 4 square feet of painted surface."

Do people honestly apply this stuff to their car using their hands?? I am going to look a right weirdo infront of my neighbours by caressing my car with a load of wax on my hands (I do love my Ferrai, but.....)!! I presume it can also be done with one of the Zymol applicator towels???

2. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Just make sure you take your rings and body piercings off when doing it.

:)

3. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    You could use the applicator, but it won't work as well; the heat from your hands gets the little enzymes in the wax working, and mixed with the air this starts the wax curing.

Go on- luuurrve your car...

Its a Ferrari- your neighbours will understand!

Robert.

4. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Eric,

Please let us know how good the Ital Glaze is, I was thinking of trying that stuff myself.

thanks...

5. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Man I'm never gonna live this down - full body massage with the hot wax for my Fezza here we come......

Hmmmm... wonder if I can hire a bikini-clad young lady to do it for me???

6. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Let me know if you do and I'll come and watch. You could probably charge an entrance fee to cover your costs....

7. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    Eric...in all the excitement, don't forget the clay bar between the wash and the HD cleanse.....well worth it
    cheers, d

8. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff

bikini-clad young lady.com??!!

Good luck and please let us know how you get on (wax and lady!)

9. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I've used ital on a 328. Great results- I reckon better than the supposedly superior Concours glaze I use now. Definitely recommended.

Robert.

10. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    Alternatively - your neighbours will NEVER understand and think you're a total perverted loon... but, it's a Ferrari, so what the hell :D

11. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Leeds UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    i definatly recommend Zymol Ital, i use this on my f car, but you must clay the car 1st and take your time as this removes all road film, tree sap etc, then HD cleanse each panel until smooth. then apply the Ital wax placing a small amount in the centre of your hand and rubbing them together to 'melt' the wax then apply with your hand, not a cloth or applicator. leave for 30 seconds then wipe once one way only (the way the air flows over the body) with a microfiber cloth. this will still leave some wax residue, then wipe again only going in one direction and not back and forth until all the wax has been buffed. by the time you have done all the car, using a clean microfiber cloth buff all the car again to a deep shine.

i also recommend Zymol Detail which i use everytime i have used the car and you simply apply with a 100% cotton cloth, wiping each panel at a time and then buffing with a clean 100% cotton cloth. This wax contains carnuba aswell and does not cause any minute scratching with other cleaners do when simply removing road film from you car after a day/weekend out.

once you car has been throughly cleaned, the rain will simply flow off and will not leave any water spots at all. Ive only washed my car once since i purchased in april and yes i do use it regularily but simply use Zymol detail everytime i return home and once a month Zymol Ital. After 6 months you should then clay, HD cleanse and wax again as applying Ital over and over again will simply start becoming dull.

12. CharlieUK

CharlieUK Karting

Jun 30, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    Thanks for gt advice. Where can we buy Zymol from? Who does best deal?

13. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
  14. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Leeds UK
    Full Name:
    Dave