Rejoice The Boxer | FerrariChat

Rejoice The Boxer

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by boxerman, Aug 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    We seem to have a very enthusiastic group of boxer owners here. The Boxer is the last Enzo Ferrari Ferrari and has huge performance, yet 275gt's and daytonas seem to get far greater reckognition.

The biggest problem with the car seems to be the opportunity to adequatly use them. Newer fcars can play at the track while Daytonas and pre 1971 cars have numerous vintage rallies like the copperstate.

Recently I saw an article where Shelby Cobra owners get together in Colorado once a year for a blast.

I would like to propose that we boxer owners participate in some suitable gatherings where we can meet and let our cars run. I am sure it will do the cars good and probably even ultimatly help values to have more opportunities to use them.

Since all good things have modest beginnings I would like to suggest to interested parties in the northeast that we take a spirited group drive to Lime Rock for the Historic races on the weekend of sept 6.

For the future we can look at sending cars to the New orleans Ferrari event in 05 participating in the silver state classic and organising some of our own drives as well, how about texas hill country, colorado, montana or even mount equinox hillclimb in vermont.

Basicaly there are numerous opportunities to enjoy boxers as enzo imagined before crowded roads and speed limts. What we need is groups of boxers from various locations going to one gathering place so transport and organization is reasonable. We can call it the Boxer owners club. who knows maybee a few years from now it will be one of the best Ferrari events and you'll have to have a boxer.

So who is in for the 6th

Sean

2. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Great idea. I am driving my Boxer from the North of Atlanta to New Orleans for the FFQC in November and intend to drive her on the track while there. A future event in the Atlanta area would be good too!

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Are TRs invited since we are also Boxers ?

4. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    If they dont have gold plating and chrome wheels I suppose so, especialy if enthusiasticaly driven

5. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i do agree that it would be nice to get together w/ fellow boxer owners and i may be able to make the sept date.

let's see if we can do this or plan w/ more lead time, a similar event.

pcb

6. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Careful at Lime Rock in the parking lot, Ive heard that car thieves look for juicy targets there

7. JOEL D.

JOEL D. Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Joel DeLuca
    I would be in for the 9/6, what is the event at Lime Rock?

8. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    The event at Lime rock starts Sept 3 and is a series of historic car races much like the Monteray historics. You can see everything from bugattis to can am cars running the pits are low key and you can wonder amongst the cars. Have a look at the Lime Rock website.

I wiuld suggest meeting maybe saturday the 4th, there are a number of parking area's and we could probably find a safe even from door dings spot.

9. PINNIN512

PINNIN512 Formula 3

Aug 30, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    David
    Great Idea! How about a gathering in California. You guys can use a vacation here on the left coast :)

10. ferraristiforlife

Jul 27, 2004
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Michael
    hello boxerman,

sounds great but one question ? did enzo not died in 89 ? that would make the F40 to the last real ferrari and also includes the testarossa who replaced the boxer 85 !!!!!!!!

11. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Frank Parker,

If you end up taking I20/59 to NO stop by Tuscaloosa if time permits either coming or going. It would be a good opportunity to compare an injected and carbed BB side by side. Maybe we could switch off between driver and passenger seats? Just a thought.

Drew Altemara

12. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Drew, are you going to the FFQC too? If so, Terry and I can stop by and you can caravan with us. I havn't driven to NO in years so really don't remeber the best route from Atlanta, but I assume it would be I-20 West to I-59 South? By the way, I drove several BB512s and BB512is during my search for a Boxer. Other than the carbs and the wonderful sounds therefrom, I didn't notice a lot of differences. I chose my BB512i because it was the best example out of the ones I looked at and liked the low end torque and drivability of the FI. But, I do wish my car had the sounds those Webers make!

13. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Frank, no I'm not but if you and Terry end up driving by Tuscaloosa give me a call and we can meet up for a while. I'd like to see Terry's Daytona as well as your Boxer.

Drew

14. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Meanwhile who is in for LRP on the 4th of Sept.

Also the idea of a meet out west or somewhere inbetween is great. the issue is a route through some free and open roads.

The idea is to get various boxer owner groups to share car transport costs to great locations. For example if there were a number of people in the northeast who wanted to go to new orleans next year we could arrage a transport company to take our cars down at the time of the event and bring them back for a resonable cost. Sending one car seems to rely on set transport routes and cars having to be sent sometimes weeks before.