05 360 spider | FerrariChat

05 360 spider

Discussion in '360/430' started by gecko916, Aug 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gecko916

gecko916 Rookie

Jun 26, 2004
    I put a deposit on a 360 spider in 2000. My Dealer called me in June and said that my order had come in, and it would be a late 04.

I have been asking him about the 430 for a year now and until now even, he claims that there is no new car and the only car they are selling is the 360.

My dealer says they are not taking any orders for the 430. Or at least they stopped doing that and Ferrari is not confirming that there is a new model coming out.

He defered my 04 order and allowed me to get an 05 for which my allocation has come up now.

Now with the 430 comming up, and like any other kid, I want the newest toy :) and I am concerned that I will be loosing big $$.

I am assuming the spider will still be a couple of years outbut I thought I would get some feedback.

Any thoughts on this, comments or experiences as to getting on the 430 list instead.

Also If I order my 360, what options should I and should not get

thanks!

2. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Dedication Plate is a bit over the top in my opinion. Modular wheels are must as are Daytona seats. But power seats are waste at $2500 since you will be the only driver.

3. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    Since you haven't purchased a Ferrari from this dealer yet, I doubt you'll be getting the 430 Spider any time soon even if you're transferred to the 430 Spider list -- the regulars will still get first dibs (the first 2 years of production, I'm guessing).

So you might as well enjoy the 360 Spider for a few years.

4. gekko

gekko Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Personally, I do not believe you will be getting a 360 spider in 2005.

My 360 spider just arrived two weeks ago and I was told by the dealer that the last spider that was going to be delivered was just specified and due for shipment within 3 months. After that all spider orders are for the 430, which I already have an order in for.

The good news is you don't need to be concerned regarding an outdated car as you will only get a 430 but I would be pushing them to make sure you are on the 430 list as early as possible. My dealer is already distributing information on it to customers so I don't understand how your dealer can be denying it.

May be different for Australia but that is the information I have for what it is worth.

Good luck.

5. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    FWIW, several dealers on this board have said if you don't have power seats you will have trouble selling your car. I know it doesn't make much sense given the fact most 360s are driven by one person, but they swear it is a mistake not to get them.

Gary

6. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    My dealer said they'll be getting '05 Spiders. I'm getting near the last '04 Spider which I just speced - Tim

7. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Take the 05 spider and order the least amount of option's you can live with. That will ensure best resale.

8. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America

9. 9software

9software Karting

Mar 31, 2004
    Hampton Roads, VA
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    On my 04 360 the power seats were $1200 and daytonas $2300. Personally I would choose power seats and no daytonas for resale. You HAVE to have power seats and shields for good resale. Daytonas are nice but I've never heard of a lost sale from no Daytonas whereas you would lose a sale to a picky customer for no shields or no power seats. Daytonas are good if you're keeping the car and you want to enjoy it.

10. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles

It is probably different for Australia. My 360 spider is on the boat now.
    Can't wait to get rid of it before the market crashes.

11. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch

Why would he be the only driver??

12. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch

13. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Everyone seems to be so overly concerned with resale here that it is almost crazy. Do not get me wrong, losing a lot of money is not anyones objective, but when I read comments like, 'buy these seats for resale, only buy the others if you want to enjoy the car,' or, 'order the least amount of options you can live with to ensure resale,' I cannot help but think that people might be missing some of the fun with owning a car like this. It is supposed to be for fun first, and everything else second. Why order your car to suit someone else when you can order it for YOU instead? Again, not to get down on anyone at all for how they order their cars, just asking that more consideration be given to the reason you have a Ferrari in the first place.

(*Side note...do any of you keep your cars for longer than 2 years?)

14. Dr.Bleed

Dr.Bleed Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nathan E. K.
    360 looks better anyhow. Are you buying the car to sell it or are you buying it to enjoy it? If you are buying it to enjoy it then I dont see why you'ed pay any mind to depritiation.

15. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    I agree. That was my point as well.

16. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

If your finally getting the Spider for sticker then you're not going to get whacked that bad anyway. I'd bet that actually getting a 430 Spider would realistically be 3 - 4 years off and that's supposedly being on "the list." Get what you want(within reason) and enjoy it. If the thought of too much depreciation bothers you then maybe a classic, that'll hold its value, is more your speed ;)