Looking for a 360CS | FerrariChat

Looking for a 360CS

Discussion in 'New England' started by g996, Aug 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. g996

g996 Rookie

Jul 23, 2004
    Hi,

I live here in the northeast and want to buy a 360CS. I'll consider any level of options but black exterior is out.
    Can anyone help?

TIA

2. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Hi,

You might want to make a little more of an introduction of yourself on your 1st post - we're a friendly bunch here as you'll see from the BBQ stuff. We do meet up and drive and eat etc.

Before we get to know you you'll be unlikely to get much in the way of personal leads. However I do suggest you call Nick Scelsi at Ferrari of New England - 617 559 0123 is their switchboard. You should run by and get to know them.

You're best off forming a relationship with a dealer if you want a rare car like the CS. AFAIK, there are only about 5 or 6 in the NE region, of which I have one, and I'm not selling mine :)

Dan

3. g996

g996 Rookie

Jul 23, 2004
    Thanks for the advice
    So.. a little introduction

I live in MA. Own my own companies. Always been a Porsche owner. And always wanted a Ferrari! I'm more of a "road car " guy than a "track" guy and rather have a driving vacation than a flying one. I have done some PCA DE events. I do as much maintance on my cars as I can
    I've been following this board for some time and I'm ready to get involved!
    My current cars;

97 C4S
    04 GT3
    04 Phaeton
    02 X5

4. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    welcome g996! i used to be a p-car guy as well before i caught this virus.

please feel free to fill out your profile (as much as you care to); User Controls -> Edit Profile.

definitely bug Nick Scelsi at FoNE as Dan pointed out. he's got a bead on what's moving around. he does not have any more allocations available for new cars.

you also might want to email Philippe Chanial [email protected] who is a local broker; and i know has moved a CS or two recently.

don't be afraid to have the car shipped either. my first ferrari came from 1,000 miles away. new england is tough sometimes for various models.

doody.

ps: mine's not for sale either, sorry ;)

5. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Cool collection there - see why with the GT3 you're interested in a CS.

Phaeton is an intersting choice - quite alternative, how do you find it compared to the more obvious Merc or Beemer saloons. Mr Doody here is a bit of a big saloon geek, so I'll leave him to chime in on the Phaeton also :)

You should bring along one of the sports cars to the next F-chat gathering. We're all car nuts with Porsche's Abarth's and various other interesting cars between us.

In the meantime good luck with finding a CS, the main dealer here and in NY (Miller Motor cars) are probably your best bet. www.ferrarimarketletter.com has one car listed @ 214.5K (at a F-car dealer in Missouri). That's about 10K over list, which is about the current market level.

Dan

6. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    a geek i am.

sold the S55 actually, so i'm "big saloon free" right now.

the phaeton is a GREAT car. dollar-for-dollar, imo it's easily the best deal right now for a big saloon. it's basically an Audi A8 with a steel instead of aluminum frame. a few less options are available, but nothing you probably couldn't live without. and it's notably cheaper. and the steel frame is actually repairable without shipping the car to kingdom come (i believe the closest shop to boston is down in southwestern CT).

doody.

7. g996

g996 Rookie

Jul 23, 2004
    Does anyone know anything about the CS in Missouri? Or the dealer?
    The dealer is actually a Lambo dealer and not a Ferrari dealer so that concerns me.
    On the other hand, the CS there is perfectly optioned as long as the seats are the large ones.

8. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i believe you'll find that the vast majority of CSs have size L seats.

i've dealt with Motorcars International but have never bought from them. at the time, they offered to ship a 355 out to my local mechanic for a PPI and if it didn't pass with flying colors, they'd ship it back to MO - all at their cost. they clearly were wildly confident in the car.

but they are on the pricier end. they've been trying to sell that red CS for months now, i believe.

Ferrari of San Antonio was trying to move another red car - not sure if it's been sold.

Andy Cohen at Beverly Hills Classics has two or three for sale - though you'll pay left-coast prices.

doody.

9. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Cauley Ferrari in West Bloomfield, Michigan has a red 360 CS. There phone number is (248) 538-9600

10. g996

g996 Rookie

Jul 23, 2004
    Thank you all for your input

I've decieded to order a F430 and not deal with the upcharge, broker, and /or dealer BS that appears to be the Ferrari USA method of doing business.
    I'll put my $$ down (making no interest) and wait to pay sticker...