Front plates on a US Spec 308? | FerrariChat

Front plates on a US Spec 308?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Pantera1523, Aug 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pantera1523

Pantera1523 Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2004
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Scott Carpenter
    I know this has been discussed before... I tried the search function but can't seem to find enough relevant info.

Basically I work at Quantico Marine Corps Base and this morning one of the guys I work with was stopped by the Marine Guards on his way through the gate for not running a front plate on his '88 Fiero.

Ticket is $70.00... I currently do not have a front plate on my '85 308. I don't drive it everyday but I tend to drive it at least once or twice a week to work. That would wind up being quite a commuter tax if they are starting to crack down on no plates.

So... What are my options and if anyone is running a front plate on a US Spec 308 could you please post some pictures so I can see what it looks like?

I really hate having to do it but I really have no other option... Unless popping that sucker up on the dashboard works.. :)

Scott
    '85 308 QV
    '71 Detomaso Pantera

2. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

I carry mine, both for the 308 and for the M3 and simply tell whomever that it was pulled off in a carwash. Chances are though, unless you did something else, you won't get stopped just for the plate.

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Take your regular car to work. Ask the MP if propping the plate on the dash works for them. If ok, then enjoy, if not ok, then time to scramble for answers here.

Too bad you're not a cute FBI trainee (can you say Clarise). Then I'm sure a smile and a wink would get you through.

4. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    A smile and a wink would definitely help, but maybe showing some cleavage would secure your parking problems!

5. Pantera1523

Pantera1523 Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2004
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Scott Carpenter
    Um.. perhaps if I wasn't a GUY the cleavage thing may work...

hehe

Scott