Bear Drinks 36 Cans of Beer | FerrariChat

Bear Drinks 36 Cans of Beer

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by scott61, Aug 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    You have to think some Madison Ave guy is working on using this in an Advertising campaign as we speak

Bear Drinks 36 Cans of Beer in Campground Raid
    Shows Definite Brand Preference

BAKER LAKE, Wash. (Aug. 17) - Rain-eeeeer .... Bear? When state Fish and Wildlife agents recently found a black bear passed out on the lawn of Baker Lake Resort, there were some clues scattered nearby - dozens of empty cans of Rainier Beer.

The bear apparently got into campers' coolers and used his claws and teeth to puncture the cans. And not just any cans.

"He drank the Rainier and wouldn't drink the Busch beer," said Lisa Broxson, bookkeeper at the campground and cabins resort east of Mount Baker.

Fish and Wildlife enforcement Sgt. Bill Heinck said the bear did try one can of Busch, but ignored the rest.

"He didn't like that (Busch) and consumed, as near as we can tell, about 36 cans of Rainier."

A wildlife agent tried to chase the bear from the campground but the animal just climbed a tree to sleep it off for another four hours. Agents finally herded the bear away, but it returned the next morning.

Agents then used a large, humane trap to capture it for relocation, baiting the trap with the usual: doughnuts, honey and, in this case, two open cans of Rainier. That did the trick.

"This is a new one on me," Heinck said. "I've known them to get into cans, but nothing like this. And it definitely had a preference."

2. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I'm calling that out as a 'planted' Rainier publicity release. :)

3. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Ya....all the bears I know drink Coors Light.

4. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    the bears i know drink the canadian beer, labat blue or something, i know, ive seen the comercials.

5. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    haha! Dumb bear!

6. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name: