I am in Lust | FerrariChat

I am in Lust

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by lukek, Aug 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    IMO, this was the best looking car of the entire weekend (Concorso, FCA Quail, or the track)
    I know that it belongs to a known collector, but I am completetly smitten. Excuse the gushing.

2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    It sure is pretty ... similar to some FIAT 8V's (I think that is what they were called).

I'm not sure I like the white roof ... though.

Pete

3. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    David Sydorick's Zagato-bodied 250 TdF. He is a major, major collector and a super-nice guy to boot! Maybe look in Forza #45, an issue on Zagatos but I'm sure it was featured in another issue as well.

KevFla

4. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    And BBR makes a 1/43 of the car. It is one of only 3 or 4 made.

KevFla

5. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    There is no question in my mind either. The aforementioned 250 and the Aston DB4 GT Zagato are IMHO, Zagato's finest work ever!

6. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    That is stunning! True sculpture..... It's a shame chrome and steel are out of style.

Forza,

Cavallini

7. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    What a car.... It remings me of the 300SL roadster a bit.

8. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    It's interesting to see physical similarities between the Aston Martin DB4GT Zagato and the 250 SWB. Mr Sydorick also owns a DB4GT Zagato. Pictured in Sports Car Market magazine 3 or 4 months ago.

KevFla

9. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    There are 5 different 250 Zagatos. The S/Ns are, 515 (this car), 537, 665, 689 and 1367. The coachwork is slightly differnt from car to car. I remember well 20 years ago when Ed Niles owned the car (for the 2nd or 3rd time), and needed the proper color leather. I worked for a fabric company and found it for him. This is indeed as beautiful Ferrari, and one of my personal favorites.

As to models of this car, other 1/43rds of this car have been made, by Jilge (Jean-Luc Ganivet of Switzerland) and others.

10. JonBrent

JonBrent Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Heaven on Earth
    Full Name:
    JB
    Luke, you are always in lust over a car!

Just kidding. The 250 Zagatos are so balanced and elegant, one of my all time favorites.

Anyone know what the name of the Blue is?

11. Boxer 512

Boxer 512 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 5, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Seb King
    Good but Expensive Taste you got there !

Seb

12. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    just curious. how expensive is my taste in this case? I have not followed the auctions (and no gold SCM sub to search the db), but what did this car sell for?
    Jonathan: I am only in official lust for three cars (this one, Alfa T33 Stradale, and the Mira SV). Anything elese I have owned (20-30 cars) is a stop gap measure.