Got to play Counter-Strike:Source Beta tonight | FerrariChat

Got to play Counter-Strike:Source Beta tonight

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 96impalaSS, Aug 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Outstanding game. My friend nick has it and ive been over at his house for the past couple hours playing it. One of the coolest parts is getting naded and wathcing your body fly helplessy around (or other peoples bodies). The bodies lean against walls and stuff like that too after you shoot them. You can also shoot the dead bodies. And the nades and the flash bangs leave a ringing in your ears if you are to close. I can't believe how awesome this game is. You can also see the background in the lens of your scope if you have a scoped rifle. Ungodly game.

2. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
    Here is my version of counterstrike.

Pimp: “ Fire in the hole”…Pffffffftttt Snap
    (D@mn I didn’t mean to throw a flash bang)

Team: D@mn Pimp now we cant see a thing!!

(Hail of Gun Fire)

Terrorists: Shhht Shhht Shhht
    (Painting Pimps dead body)

PD

3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Remember this?

http://www.pwned.nl/

I've played it a couple of times but couldn't get into it. Currently I play BF1942 DC & UT2004.

4. udalmia

udalmia Guest

yep, source adds another dimension to the game

incidentally ahve any of you played doom3? i thought the engine itself was mindblowing but the gameplay as such was so-so

5. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  6. udalmia

udalmia Guest

true but the single player gameplay as such sucks.. but then thats not what we look at ID for.. carmack has truly outdone himself, time to ditch that twin turbo f50 and get a 250 gto

7. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    From what I understand he has already sold his F50 awhile back. No telling what he will buy next. Carmack wasn't at Quakecon this year due to the birth of his first son. There was talk about maybe a Quake 4 with the new Doom 3 engine, ID software would not confirm or deny this at the tech discussions but we'll just have to wait & see.

8. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I never really got into CS, but I have been playing Day of Defeat very regularly lately. Far better game than CS, IMO.

9. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    yeah, i played a few hours on it, and thought the same thing. apart from the engine itself, the game is pretty much the same as the original doom like 10 years ago, and over the last decade we've had plenty of time to assimilate better and better FPS engines.

so yeah, there's only so many dark areas and blind corners you can go through with the expected baddie to blast before you realize that's all you're doing, and probly all you're gonna do. it's fairly engaging, but not enough for me to want to get back in there vs putting on a movie and sitting back with a glass of red.

10. Zupra

Zupra F1 Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    St Louis
    Full Name:
    Chesney
    I am da bawm digity at SOF2 no one willdefete me!