New Ferrari Club logos | FerrariChat

New Ferrari Club logos

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by ChalStrad, Aug 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    As some of you may know. the factory is imposing a "standard" logo for all Ferrari Clubs.

Anyone have any opinions about it, the design, etc?

2. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    Can you show an example of how the 'standard logo' wiil look like ?

3. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    #3 ChalStrad, Aug 19, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My Avatar is the new French Logo

Attached all of them
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    I like the new design.

The impression I got was the people who run UK FOC were against it. This was not just aesthetically but also saw it as the beginning of the end for them as an independent owners club.

5. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I think they look good, and the UK one with the Union Jack is probably the nicest one. A little "Shaguar" maybe but looks good.

Cheers
    Kevin

6. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    It IS the beginning of the end for them as an independent club. We are all going to be asked to kit ourselves out in "official" Ferrari Club clothing too. Actually, I have seen pictures of some of the stuff (blazers, ties) and it is pretty nice. We will also all have better access to other club outings and info - which is good news

People from the Club Italia tell me that overall things are much better with the greater factory intervention.

They call it progress, we shall see!!

7. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I heard that they backed off from imposing a standardized emblem due to wide spread reactions from clubs. The one for North America was especially critized for having the Stars and Stripes. North America includes Canada and Mexico.

They were also trying to impose a dress code with purchases required from the only approved clothier, FILA.

Blue blazers and tan slacks at official Ferrari events is what they were talking about.

That isn't going to happen either. I know too many owners that don't buy into the 'Country Club' mentality, guys that can BUY the country club..

I'll quit before I bow to a dress code for a CAR CLUB.

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    What'll I do with my Tommy Hilfiger gear? Ohhhhh. nooooooo! :rolleyes:

9. Zupra

Zupra F1 Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    St Louis
    Full Name:
    Chesney
  10. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Speedy308 Dress Code: Hot chicks......LOL!

I'm good though...tan pants ...check.

Blue blazer....check.....

Left over from High School!

11. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Hey my man!

You got a navy blazer and tan pants??????????

12. Zupra

Zupra F1 Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    St Louis
    Full Name:
    Chesney
    u coming?

13. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    ChalStrad, why do you use France????

14. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Lived there for a long time. Ferrari Club is full of really neat and F Crazy people - not snobby at all, lots of track days at some of the best race tracks in the world plus easy to get to any track - max is 1000 kms to drive.

Ferrari France people are a very friendly and easy going bunch.

Can drive in Europe faster than in the US - still today

And from CT it is not a difficult trip and you can get some unbelievable air fares

15. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy

Where did you find out about this? I would like to learn a bit more. Will they be forcing the clubs to buy from Fila?

IMO Fila SUCKS! The cheap E-bay $#it is a better quality.

The logo’s look like a bunch of Poker Chips! Where can I see better pix of em?

Thanks

PD

16. Bianco

Bianco Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    In this country I assume you are referring to the Ferrari Club of America (FCA) that is expected to conform and not the Ferrari Owners Club (FOC) and not all the independent clubs like the Ferrari Club of Las Vegas (FCLV). As a member of all three clubs, my understanding is that only the FCA is directly "influenced" by the manufacturer. True?

17. Bianco

Bianco Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    BTW - I ordered from Fila once and ever since my pristine email address has been bombarded by bulk ads.

18. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yep...they are are the financial ti tty........

Order those blazers, boys......

Those logos are from the Owner's Site where the press release was authored. IIRC

19. Zupra

Zupra F1 Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    St Louis
    Full Name:
    Chesney
  20. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    There were a lot of threads on this 8 or 9 months ago...bottom line, this ain't happening....not for a while anyway. The unexpected backlash caught Ferrari SPA a little off guard...expect it to come up again though.

21. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

"U vil join the Ferrari Army, yea?"

This was floating around a while ago somewhere. I kinda like it

22. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I am quite against Ferrari imposing its authority on independent clubs. Clearly the marketing guys got together and realized that the clubs are a great source of revenue to be exploited if made to conform. A club by its nature is a group of people voluntarily getting together based on their common habitual interests and is there, to facilitate the enjoyment of this. If there are clubs with a related product, such as ferraris, I do beleive that an arms length relationship with the manufacturer is a good thing, but not their control by the manyfacturer.

All the above however must be viewed in the context of how each individual club chapter is run. There are some ferrari owners club chapters that are run without really seeking to understand their members wishes and more along the gounds of a small management club within the wider club. In these cases, and on the request of the members, the manufacturer should have a voice / authority to help the members with their problems.

23. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    The FCA is "influenced" by FMNA but not run by them, though they actually DO run clubs in other countries. FCA makes its own decisions. Most of the FCA regions, and even some state chapters, have their own logos as well. The relationship between FMNA and FCA is a mutually beneficial one... good for our members and FMNA dealers alike, in my experience in an FCA leadership role the last several years. Just as FMNA may influence the club, the club also has a healthy input/influence on some aspects of FMNA activities. A recent example local to me was our direct input into planning the FCA Challenge Series weekend activities (for us, at Road Atlanta), including track time for our members when the Challenge guys were between practice runs and not racing.

24. theera

theera Formula Junior

May 6, 2004
    The Big Mango

Greetings from The Big Mango,

Wrong name for us, it should be Ferrari Club Thailand. Nice to have similar logos with other clubs around the world, but we prefer to keep our old one since it has more character. The Fila gear in general look good but are a bit expensive, perhaps we can duplicate them locally for a third of the price, joke. For your information, the factory has invited many Ferrari Clubs later this month to Germany to chat about all issues pertaining to logo, gear, activites, etc.